Cathay Pacific / Poor crew manager attitude!

1 Hong Kong Review updated:

First of all, my flight was delayed due to bad weather. On top of that, I've to wait at the LAX airport check-in counter for more than an hour due to computer breakdown. On the plane, I was a bit slow and took me some time to work on my carry-on because I had two babies with me. A male crew saw me and quickly respond and assist me to lift up my carry-on to the upper compartment. I really appreciate his help and his courtesy to the customers. He then left.

Within seconds, the crew manager march to me with a high-tone full of anger telling me that her crews are not mean to assist customer with their carry-on luggage. If I can't lift my own luggage, I need to check-in the luggage. I told it's just the babies needs and what's wrong with a male crew helping me so as we can everyone settle down and take off sooner. She ignored my comments, and continue saying that it's not the crew member work to assist us with our heavy luggage and she pointed it's all my fault for bringing the heavy luggage. She then continue that she'll report my case to the airlines, and walked away.

What was that suppose to mean? What kind of attitude was that?

And of course that took the male crew just couple minutes time to help me. Maybe that couple minutes could be use to work on something more important or something life and dead which I'm not aware?

I really think she owes me an apology.

Comments

• Ia
      24th of Jan, 2008

What do you expect from a Chinese airline? Cathay are getting worse and worse since they became Chinese.

• Je
      14th of Jul, 2008

i was so excited to know that I've bought myself a Business class ticket to Sydney (CX101) as a birthday gift. The reason i decided to lash out is because Cathay Pacific Airways introduce the new business class.

On 29th June 2008, i was ready to be onboard and i was shocked to know that I'm on the oldest domestic business in the whole world. The seat was horrible and it was nothing like i imagine or like the advertisement.

I wrote and raise my concern and to know that they change the Aircraft without notice nor any compensation. They even wrote back that "the new business class is on selected flight only" and ask me to check before i Fly, Which i did.

as a frequent flyer with Cathay, they have really disappointed me with this attitude and management.

I swear i will not fly Biz with them until they beg me with free first class.

• Pa
      15th of Jul, 2008

My husband and i came back from Hon kong on flight no cx171 on the 28th of June we had a tv that did not work and seats that didn't matct the screen any way when we asked fore better seating they sead that the seats were all full but there were empty seats so as we have both got sour necks it meat we didn't get to watch anby programs on the unit at all.
    As we payed full price for our ticket we expected better siverce.
    regards Pat