Cash4Gold / ripoff

1 1701 Blount RoadPompano Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-970-3222

I recently sent in one pound of sterling silver and only got back a check for $4.93.The silver was worth alot more than that.This place is a ripoff and a scam.I wish I would have known all that before I sent my jewelry to them.BIG RIPOFF!

Comments

• Re
      27th of Dec, 2008

I sent three rings into Cash4gold, one was my husbands big wedding band that had been cut off his finger after an accident, another was an older ring with small diamonds in it, and finally a plain small gold band. I got $12.41 for the three! Don't waste your gold or time with these places, especially this one. They say you can get your stuff back but they charge you $15.00 to get it back.

• Le
      15th of Jan, 2009

What a joke Cash4Gold is. I sent in a baggie full of gold chains and earrings. They sent me $27.00. I was expecting several hundred dollars since gold is over $800 an ounce. It also took 2 weeks for their check to arrive, not "24 hours." I fed-xed their check back to them demanding my gold back. I have not heard from them. What a ripoff.

• Ka
      23rd of Jan, 2009

what were you expecting, a jew guy on tv promising to give you alot of money for your gold, and some black and spansh peeple so happy cause they got alot of money, you have to be able to read between the lines, it's a ripoff as any other commercial for loosing weight, cheaper insurance, cash for gold, it's all a scam

• Si
      1st of Feb, 2009

Check out this article on Cockeyed.com. I think it explains alot!

3rd of Mar, 2009

So, I put on my Indiana Jones hat and did some digging. Here's what I found:

- ''ibuyoldgold.info" is a man named Don Pennington from Pennsylvania. If you go to ibuyoldgold.info, you will be redirected to a site called associatedcontent.com, a site that PAYS people to write content for them. The so called "review" is little more than a commercial for Cash4Gold, not an honest review of the service. Here's an example:

"Wanna better option? Of course you do! Got any old, ugly, broken jewelry around your house? Of course you do! Wanna get paid top dollar for your scrap gold, silver, and platinum? Of course you do!! My friends at Cash4Gold.com have already helped thousands of good people just like you, through troubling financial times, and have paid out millions of dollars, to many who become regular customers. To be frank: You're just not gonna find a company that'll treat you better, answer all of you questions clearer, or pay you more, than Cash4Gold.com! Cash4Gold.com has been operating since 2001. They've since grown to being one of the largest, and most respected, precious metals refineries in the U.S., and they're the only precious metals refinery to be listed in "Inc. Magazine's" "500 Fastest-Growing Companies in America", for 2006 and 2007. And it's all based upon, fair dealings with sellers, honesty, and knock-your-socks-off service!"

Does that sound like an honest appraisal or a commercial?

This guy is a shill. A carnival barker.

- On this very forum, Pennington says he is a "former customer" yet in his commercial/review, he never once says anything about how much money he got or even if he actually ever used the service! COMPLETE ###!! Remember, Don Pennington is being PAID to write this, and I'll wager that he got more money for lying about the service than he would if had actually used it.

- Pennington is a sad and bitter divorcee who, according to his associatedcontent.com profile, has but one interest: "Winning my children back".
    Sad, huh?
    Well almost as sad as this, his bio: "I'm just another throw-away Dad tryin' to make the child support". Apparently making the child support includes writing almost 400 articles for associatedcontent.com. In fact, I encourage you to not go to that site, as he may get paid for every visit. I did it for research and part of me hopes he gets money to pay his support with, but you don't need to do it.

Don, you asked for this by coming here and insulting people that have a legitimate gripe against a scam just so you can generate traffic for your Internet paycheck machine. Get a real ###ing job, ###.

PWND.

• De
      8th of May, 2009

Things we buy is also a rip. I sent two gold chains and a tag heuer watch which is worth about $1200.00 just to see what they would say. They called back with a quote, which is what everyone should do. They offered $72.00 with shipping and all for these items. They sent them back to me.

• Go
      26th of Jun, 2009

Yes cash4 gold is a true ripp off, here's my story, I have 30 yrs experience in the jewelry industry and know every thing there is to know about it. So i dicided to send in a man's platinum diamond ring. It weighs 16.90 dwt, Plat scrap today on the market is going for around 45 to 50
    dollars for scrap, which is for broken jewelry. This was a real piece of jewelry that any man can ware. Jewelry that is not considered scrap is going for 60 to 70 dollars dwt I should have gotten at lease
    $ 1000.00 for this ring with diamonds. They sent me a check for
    $ 234.00 dollars. I got the ring back from them. When i had called them they told me who ever tested the ring tested it wrong. I got the ring back from them and on the envolope it said plat. Be careful of this company and do some home work before u go and sell any jewelry at all. submitted by---DJG

• Mr
      30th of Aug, 2009

I just sent in some gold cufflinks and a gold tie clip and all three had rubys in the center of it. They did not even send me my check or any thing. If there not going to give me a check atleast send my items back.

• Em
      5th of Oct, 2009

I help my husband to be send his old gold in and we only got $6.00's for one ring but we sent in a lot of rings, necklesses, ect. It was all worth at least $200.00 to $400.00 but we only got $6.00. We really needed the money bot we did not get it. I called them up and told them that we were not really happy but the check was already cashed and then they said that they can not do any thing to help us. I told them that we wanted the other gold that was sent to them. they said that they could not do it. WE WILL NEVER DO IT EVER AGAIN, AND IT IS A REALLT BIG RIP OFF!!!

• Sp
      24th of Feb, 2010

I sent in several old wedding bands. I thought I would get back several hundred dollars but I have yet to receive a dime. I have nothing!

• Ha
      9th of Jul, 2010

I sent in my jewelry which was worth more than they set me a check for. I sent in a watch, a gold chain, earrings, a brooch that stated 18K, and three rings. They sent me a check for $25.45. The items that I sent, some of them were not on the itemized check that they sent me. I believe that they kept the most expensive items, and only paid me for junk. THIS COMPANY IS A RIPP OFF.