Cash4Gold Holdingsscam

IT'S A SCAM!!! I gathered all my old gold jewlery, 13 pieces. Mailed them in a envelope that i was told was insured. Two days later i found all this negative information on the internet about cash 4 gold. Four weeks later i was living the nightmare stories i read on the internet. The package i was told was insured, it was but only for $100, i had over $2000 worth of jewlery in that package. Like many of the stories on the net my package came up missing and the company wanted to instantly send me my $100 insurance claim.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Florida, NYThey told me they would intiate an investigation with the United Postal Service. Two weeks later i found out they didn't, so I did. I was told by my local postal service to contact thePostal Inspector who informed me that my missing package to this company is one of SEVERAL just from my state alone. The larger valued packages are being stolen. an investigation is on going. So for over $2000.00 worth of jewelry i am going to end up with $100. After all the complaints and negative info i have uncovered about this company, i don't understand how they they have not been investigated and shut down.

Comments

•   Sep 09, 2008
    Cash 4 Gold - Rip-off!
    Cash 4 Gold
    1701 Blount Rd
    Pompano Beach
    Florida
    cash4gold.com

I sent in over $1, 000 worth of jewelry and they told me they never received it and submitted it for an insurance claim for $40.02. They say their envelopes are insured. Who is to say that they didn't actually receive it and are paying their customers below the value of what it is really worth.

Oct 01, 2008

They claimed that they never received my scrap gold, which was probably worth no more than $100, but I still feel like a fool. I admit that I had some reservations about using their postage-paid envelope, which is not traceable, but I trusted them. After all, they advertised on TV on respected networks. Now it's my word against theirs and I have no proof. Perfect little scam, isn't it? The loss of money is nothing compared to how I feel - I knew better!

• Gw
      Oct 11, 2008

HA! Ha! I just got my check a whole $1.10 what a rip off. I am not doing that no more.

• Ms
      Oct 27, 2008

For several reasons this information has been removed

• Th
      Oct 28, 2008

Wow!!! I pretty much figured the whole thing was a scam anyways. Now that I've heard it from a former employee, I know for sure not to call em!!! NICEY NICE

• Al
      Nov 05, 2008

I kinda figured it was a scam. Really, some refinery offering "Top Dollar" for your broken or unwanted jewelry? Give me a freakin break!

• Ka
      Nov 10, 2008

I received a check from Cash 4 Gold that was very low in value to the items I sent to them. I phoned and emailed customer service and told them I was not pleased with the check and asked to send my items back to me. At this point I told them I was contacting the Better Business Bureau regarding their ads beinng untruthful. I then got a call from them to call them back and I did tell them I did contact the BBB and wanted my jewelery back. The BBB contacted them but it took Cash 4 Gold a long time to respond and did not respond to the final response requested by the BBB. BBB closed the case but Cash 4 Gold has this on their record.

• Ju
      Nov 12, 2008

Thanks so much for the information. I felt in my gut there was something wrong here, but like a fool I was going to go ahead with it. Of course I'm certainly not going through with it now. Especially when it comes straight from the horse's mouth, (if ya know what I mean). It sure makes things alot easier when there are honest people to come forward! Thanks Again!

• Br
      Nov 21, 2008

personally i think this cash 4 gold crap is for stupid tweekers, crack heads, an any other wack job coming across a stolen watch or something they cant trade for dope, an im sure they dont have any clue what the real value of the jewelery is worth so 4 or 5 buck to them they be living rich

Nov 29, 2008

Is any of this really a surprise to anyone?? Geez...

Dec 01, 2008

Why would anyone trust a company to mail their jewelry to? Why not just go to a pawn shop???... If you fell for that ...You deserve to get scammed!

• De
      Dec 01, 2008

Thank you, to the former employee who had the dignity to write post this on line. Today, I was going to mail very valuable pieces of jewelry to these scam artist! However it felt like it was just to good to be true. May their go to the toilet!

• Ke
      Dec 02, 2008

IT'S NOT LEGAL FOR ANYONE TO SHIP THEIR GOLD.

CASH FOR GOLD IS A SCAM AND WE REPORTED THEM TO OUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT.

BY LAW A CUSTOMER HAS TO COME TO YOU AND HAS TO BE THUMB PRINTED.

NO MAILING GOLD WE HAVE CONTACTED THE DEPARTMENT OF JUTICE.
    ABOUT CASH 4 GOLD ALSO.

the return of all Items sent in to them Valuable as well as the Non Valueable
    items.
    I am Very Dissatisfied with the amount Offered For 14.80
    pennyweight's of valuables. The Offer being less then 10% current
    London Gold fixed the day the check was issued.

I received the check #59030 offering $63.34 for a total of 14.80 dwt of
    Gold Issued 12-10-2008 on 12-12-2008. I intern have sent the offer check
    back to Cash4Gold.com Via Next Day Express USPS with Delivery Confirmation on
    12-12-2008 at 2:00pm So you will Receive it By 12:00n 12-13-2004. The
    tracking #EB589238937US is available if you would also like to track the Return
    of the inadequate check offered Me. Sincerely John

This is the exact Email I sent to Cash4Gold.com after I called the 800## to complain and was offered an extra 40$. So Basicaly they wanted me to take 100.00 for 3/4 of an ounce of Gold . By the way at the time they issued the check the London Fixed was 826.50 per Troy ounce. They also Undergraded the Gold

Dec 18, 2008

Cash 4 Gold ripped me off! I wish I had done something when I had the chance. The small check they sent me was a joke! Everytime I see that commercial on TV it makes me sick!

• St
      Dec 21, 2008

My husband sent my ring of 14k and earrings which were probably worth no more than $150, we were waiting for the check, when i received I was happy lol but when i saw the check i got mad because they sent us just $10.58, they are crooks i still mad.

• Do
      Dec 26, 2008

Cash 4 gold promises you they send you a great insured envelope to send your valuable products to them in and so you do but then if they supposedly don't make it 10+ days later you have to make a claim with the U.S. MAIL then call them back with the claim # then they will think about doing something about it.I would suggest everyone do there homework before mailing there jewelry to these guys or anyone else seems to me through light investigation they are out to scam people however possible. I mailed out 1 pound of broken and unwanted jewelry and now have nothing and to add i mailed it 13 days ago.this is quiet a great gift for them extremely disappointing to me but you live and learn.I hope I help someone.

• Ra
      Dec 31, 2008

"Today, I was going to mail very valuable pieces of jewelry to these scam artist!"

OK, what if I said: "Today, I was going to pay a stranger on the street 100 dollars to go and buy me some CD's, and I'd meet him back on the street corner in 2 hours." Does ANYONE think that is STUPID?

As much as these kinds of "businesses" are absolutely SCAMS, we as COMMON SENSE people need to stop giving them our money. We need to stop NOT reading the fine print. Of COURSE they are scams! Stop believeing that somewhere out there these "too good to be true" opportunities will pan out. THEY DON'T. You must stick with established, credible companies, with the firm back up and solid integrity of Amazon, Ebay etc.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

• Ms
      Jan 03, 2009

I had a feeling that this company was a scam. Now to hear it from an former employee; this confirms my suspicion. My son previously told me not to send in my jewelry because he had heard that they didn't pay you the value of your merchandise. I sent them many items and I know for sure that this one watch was worth more than the $9 check that they sent me for all my jewelry that they claimed to be worthless. He told me to take it to the pawn shop but I thought this was good, my big mistake. But God don't like ugly and no weapon formed against me shall prosper is all I have to say and believe. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes especially with the bad economy, but that doesn't mean that everyone in this world is STUPID or a CRACKHEAD; Satan walks to devour ALL people any kind of way. We just have to pray, be very careful and learn from our mistakes because no one is perfect and I mean no one. And this still doesn't give companies the right to scam anyone for that matter. Ms. G.

Jan 23, 2009

You know, some of you are saying that people who send their stuff in "deserve to get scammed", but that is an awful insult to make. When you lose your job and are running out of money to pay bills and then you see a commercial offering money for jewelry that you don't wear (which all of us ladies have), it sounds like a good way to get some extra money in. It doesn't mean that those people are stupid or "crackheads" or "tweakers". It just means they got fooled and that can happen to anyone. I think that sometimes it takes putting yourself in someone else's shoes to understand why someone would think this was a good idea. So to "Sabrina" and "Brad"... GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ###!!! And Ms. Gina, you are absolutely right... Amen!

Jan 23, 2009

I sent them a herringbone necklace, 2 diamond rings, and another gold necklace. I should have known they would scam me and tell me "they were lost in the mail." I am not going to go away. As a mom with children of special needs and plenty of political firends, I know eactly who to talk to. They need to be in jail for mail fraud!

Jan 27, 2009

i was a cash 4 gold employee 2 they are trully a rip off 4 real i started working in cash 4 gold when it was only like 10 employee now they got 100s of employee i even have friends of mine that are supervisor and they even tell me yo dnt u ever send your gold here... how cum if u work 4 cah 4 gold u get triple the amount of money that a regular customer gets 4 selling ur gold... CASH 4 GOLD THEY ARE A RIP OFF TRUST ME I USED TO WORK THERE N LEFT BECAUSE I HAD 2 MOVE 2 PHILADELFIA N I THINK THAT THATS NOT RITE WHAT THEY DOING...

Jan 29, 2009

Cash4Gold is a scam. Everyone knows it. But the truth is, not all gold buyers are like Cash4Gold.
    I am an employee of a gold buying office in New York and I have been continually impressed the honesty of the business. We are in constant contact with the police department in insure none of our items are stolen, we literally film everything that comes in and out, every promise we advertise is followed to a tee, we take the only the most reasonable percentage for handling fee's (if you aren't getting 85-90% of the London Gold Fixing YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED) and we even offer a service to turn your unpure gold into pure gold so that you can have a legitimate investment item.

Like Troy Billington says above, gold is an EXTREMELY VALUABLE asset in times of economic recession. Protect it, but use it when you need it. Work only with companies that offer both services because it means their interests are more on your side.

Anyway, I'm not saying my business b/c this isn't a commercial...I just think people should be aware of the value of gold. Know the weight, know the purity, be aware of the London Gold Fixing before you think about selling any item.

• Ki
      Jan 29, 2009

omg, i sent in my jewelry and they said they nevered recieved it, i should have know better. now i have to fill out a claim and who knows if i will every get any money from this bottom dwellers

• Bl
      Jan 29, 2009

I had a feeling it was a scam. They really need to take the commercial off the air. I mean seriously, shouldn't the company have had a bcakground check or something before allowing their commercial to be seen by everyone?? So stupid...

But what do they do with the jewelry that they recieve? Do they really melt it?

• Bl
      Jan 29, 2009

I knew it was a scam. I don't know why they would allow them to air their crappy commercial to people without doing a background check first?! So stupid. And by the way, the commercial was one of the most lousy, crappy, fake commercial ever.

But what do they do with the gold and jewelry that they recieve???

• Ul
      Jan 30, 2009

I think more people should start sending these Son's a B***h plated bolts nuts & screws, spray painted GLD & SLV. dipped in dog [censored]... Ca$h-4-$hit

• Fa
      Jan 31, 2009

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

• Lo
      Feb 03, 2009

I sent Cash 4 Gold a man's gold wedding band and some gold junk jewelry on purpose to see what they would pay. I got their check for 6.69. Within 2 days I requested they send my jewelry back. What a rip-off, I could do better at a pawn shop. L. O'B

•   Feb 03, 2009

THIS IS NOT A SCAM. Just because you send in a ring you got at Wal-Mart and didn't get a $800 to $1000 back doesn't mean it's a scam. It means you are a idiot for expecting to get rich quick. They are a business, which mean you won't get the exact worth of your gold down to the penny. They have to make a profit to.

• St
      Feb 04, 2009

CASH 4 GOLD IS A SCAM, I KNEW IT FROM THE FIRST DAY I WATCHED THEIR AD. HAVE YOU NOTICED, THEY DON'T TELL YOU HOW THEY APPRAISE YOUR VALUABLES? THAT ALONE SHOULD SCARE YOU...

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE GOVERNMENT ALLOW THESE SCAM ARTISTS TO OPERATE?

• Sc
      Feb 04, 2009

I am investigating Cash4Gold. Please e-mail me if they've harmed you!
    [protected]@gmail.com

Feb 06, 2009

Cash4Gold is located in Pompano Beach, Florida. 10 minutes from me. If i was any closer, i'd go down there and pick up their mail (they don't have any kind of secure receiving center, it's just a box with a cheap lock that's usually not locked). and the USPS, safe shipping? they lose 5% of what they get. Want to take that chance with $1000.00 worth of gold? probably not...

Cash 4 Crack would be a more obvious company name.

Feb 08, 2009

I had the same problem with Cash 4 Gold. I sent all my jewelry to them and only got $334. I was so upset with them, calling them back to send back my jewelry. I then took my jewelry to the Diamond & Gold Exchange in Garland, Tx and they gave me more than double. When dealing with items as sentimental and valuble as jewlery one needs to go to a company with integrity, morals and honesty. Cash 4 Gold are the biggest crooks scamming millions of inocent consumers. The word needs to get out, they have to pay for all this thievery.

• Ga
      Feb 08, 2009

My wife and I went to Cash 4 Gold today at our local mall to sell some old necklaces that couldn't be work anymore due to being damaged. They offered us $70.00 for 8.9 grams of 14kt gold and 3.1 grams of 10kt gold. The current price of gold is 912/troy oz. Do the math and this is over 180.00 worth of gold. This means they were try to profit over 110.00 from us. When I told them no the buyer got upset and dumped our stuff on the table. I had previously sorted and seperated the gold between the 14kt and 10kt. In my opinion they are trying to profit from those who don't know who to determine the value of their gold.

• Pa
      Feb 08, 2009

I am a pawnbroker and we thought it was a good idea to open up a site like cash 4 gold. so we did some trial and error. ALL I HAVE TO SAY THESE PEOPLE MAKE PAWNBROKERS LOOK bad. First we looked up the most known sites for selling gold Cash4Gold, Gold Kit, and Cash for gold usa. We the took the grading and weight of the 3 wedding bands each range from 2.3-3 dwt. Cash4Gold gave us $6.31 for a there fake weight of 1.3dwt, Goldkit gave us a fake estimate of .98dwt for $9.46, and Cashforgoldusa gave us $14.92. All these refines have made 20x more. We estimated about over $60 for each. This happened in Jan 2009. We contacted them and left messages but refuse to contact us but we will see them at the pawnbrokers convention. If you are going to pawn your gold go do your research first

Feb 08, 2009

I am investigating a possible class action lawsuit against them. Feel free to e-mail me at: [protected]@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2009

It's important to keep in context that this is a terminated short-term employee. Responses to these accusations are here:

In response to the comments about amount paid, it is important to remember that the company is not a pawn shop and acknowledges you can often get more from pawn shops and jewelers. This is indicated on the site

and CEO Jeff Aronson reiterated as much in the LA Times interview.

Cash4Gold is not for everyone. It's for people who don't want the hassle of a pawn shop. And if a customer doesn't like the offer, they can get their gold back.

Of course, it is acknowledged that more needs to be done to make sure this message is clear. Obviously, there is a great deal of confusion with customers expecting to get as much as or more than they would get at a pawn shop.

Feb 11, 2009

you should never fall for a scam like that, but there are people out there who believe that the party that they are sending there gold to is a honest business, i personally just take my gold down to bank st pawn in new london ct 06320 where they test it and weight right in front of you and then you have the option to either except the offer are to refuse the offer.

• Ru
      Feb 13, 2009

I just posted up about the company, after some research, it does not claim to be a reseller. It is a junk metal dealer. I was upset after reading the experiences of others.

I retract my comment above. Seller beware...