[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / beverage package

North Port, FL, United States

My wife and I purchased the beverage package for our cruise on Carnival Splendor sailing on Sept 30th., However when we were on there private island, we found out that it couldn't be used on the island. We were charged $34 dollars for beer. when I asked the server why he said it was to make more money. I donot understand why, as it was entered into their system for charges. I feel I paid for the package approx $1000 and still got charged. I think I should get a refund for the beer.

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Oct 23, 2017

Good morning:

Thank you for your patience while your inquiry was reviewed.

Under the Cheers beverage program, guests can enjoy a wide variety of wine, beer, and spirits, along with sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails throughout the voyage at one convenient, flat rate.

As noted on our website, Cheers is not offered on the following:

• 2-day cruises
    • Charter cruises
    • Ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend)
    • Beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays in The Bahamas

We genuinely regret your disappointment here and we’re sorry to learn of the service you received when talking with the server. Certainly, this is not the manner we wish for our guests to be met with.

Although we must respectfully decline your request for reimbursement, if you would like to speak with someone further about this matter, we invite you to contact our Guest Care Department directly by dialing toll-free: 1-800-929-6400, or locally at: 1-305-599-2600, extension 76400. Please also note the department’s hours of operation, which are: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

It is our hope that you will remember the enjoyable times you’ve spent onboard with us and that you’ll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back onboard again in the near future.

Sincerely,