Carmax / Rip-off!
I purchased a car from Carmax about two months ago. I have since had my car not start 8 times. I have had to have the trunk latch system completely replaced. The canister purge solenoid in the engine replaced. Have breaks that squeal almost all the time and all of this started about a week after I purchased the car. Just after their five day bring it back in offer was expired.
I have taken my car back to their service department repeatedly. First repair was the canister purge solenoid, wich felt like they just fixed it to shut me up but did not repair any problems. Second repair was the trunk latch witch by the day after the repair stopped working again and to this day only works off and on. I haven been there repeatedly for them to repair the starting issue and each time I am told we they dont know whats happening and can not do anything.
Shortly after all this began I contacted the car max and told them about the lemon they had sold me, and was told by their manager to bring it in and let them see it but all they could do was offer me an appraisel on the car I just purchased from them and then have me pay off the some odd thousand dollars off difference between their appraisel and what I still owed on the car plus be left with nothing at all. I bought this car for a safer more relaiable, more gas efficent car for me and my 9 month old daughter. I HAVE YET TO AQUIRE ANY OF THIS FROM THIS VEHICLE. Getting stuck in a parking lot with a car that wont start and an infant who needs to get out of the heat is not acceptable.
More Carmax Complaints & Reviews
- Carmax - Be well prepared to enter a nightmare world! 
- Carmax - They underpay salesmen 
- Carmax - Some facts about CarMax 
- Carmax - Scam and cheating 
- Carmax - It's a den of ###s 
- CarMax Business Services - repair of clutch toyota matrix
- Carmax - my car is no good
- CarMax Business Services - return policy
- Carmax - total loss of vehicle
- Carmax - purchased a cadillac cts from carmax in dec 2013. the car over the next 38, 000 miles has required more than $14, 000 in repairs