Carmax / They need to be reported

My mother and I purchased a Dodge Intrepid from Carmax last year in May. I have so much to say about this vehicle and their poor customer service. They are crooks and something needs to be done. I have for daughters one being an 18 month old and I can't afford to be turning my vehicle off every time I come to a complete stop because the transmission is slipping. This is very unsafe. They say the squeaky wheel gets the oil, so maybe if we all come together with our complaints Carmax will stop getting away with selling people Lemons. They are very helpful during the purchasing process but soon as you drive off the lot they turn on you. I'm a single mother and now I may have to purchase a new transmission for a 2003 with now 60, 000 miles on it, which should not be happening. This vehicle has been serviced when it should and has not been dogged out. Their appraising is such a scam when you take your vehicle back. The Manufactures need to know these things because Carmax is making certain vehicle brands look very bad. Now I would never buy another Dodge in my life all because of Carmax... They need to be stopped!!!

Va

Comments

• Su
      13th of Sep, 2008

I bought a brand new 2002 Chrysler Sebring in Feb of 2003...3 miles with the seats still wrapped in plastic. Definitely a new vehicle. I had a new fuel pump the first year. New transmission third year. Some strange humming noise coming from either underneath or near the rear. The car has been stalling on me for 3 years. Had to replace the battery 3 times. The car is a problem and I dont think it has anything to do with the manufacturer. Chrysler has done a very poor job at maintaining my vehicle as I brought it in for EVERY scheduled service appointment. They lie about the work/service they perform. They never know what is wrong with the car because they can never duplicate the problem once they inspect. It takes forever to get a service appt and once you do, your car is there for eternity just to hear them say that it has passed all of their tests with flying colors and that there is no problem...if it breaks down again, bring it back. I believe this is a tactic to get business in their services dept. I am sure they make way more money repairing than they do selling cars on daily basis. They either have you car sitting in the back as if their really doing something or they purpose create a problem to ensure that you return. My car has been to the shop for the past 3 years for the same issue about 7 times and it can not be repaired. The lie to the manufacturer about the resolving issues but they don't realize that all you have to do is call yourself and confirm what they have done. If the car is under warranty, it has to be documented. Anyway...Carmax is full of s**t and should be hit with a major class action law suit!!!

• Su
      13th of Sep, 2008

In reference to my previous post: I meant to say that CARMAX, not Chrysler, has done a very poor job at maintaining my vehicle. Chrysler has made every effort to assist me with getting Carmax or should I say CARMINIMUM to complete repairs. They ignore and/or lie to Daimler Chrysler also!!! Ridiculous.

16th of Feb, 2009

So you bought the car brand new and you feel the fuel pump, transmission, etc. are because of Carmax and not the manufacturer? Interesting.

• Li
      24th of May, 2010

Dodge Intrepids are not exactly reliable vehicles - maybe you have not dogged the vehicle since your purchase, but I can guarantee the previous drivers did. One of my personal observations with Intrepid owners was that they all seemed to think their car was in some NASCAR event and drove the vehicle to achieve pole position. Another strike against you is your purchase of a popular fleet (ie, rental) vehicle - and we all know how people treat rental cars (or anything in their possession for any length of time which they do not actually own).

Carmax is not to blame for consumer perceptions of vehicle reliability. People knew long before Carmax's inception in 1993 that certain cars were to be avoided like the plague.