Carmax / Scam company

1 United States

These people want top dollar on the vehicles they sell and use this "no haggle" price crap to make you feel like they are helping you by overcharging you. I recently went to the Henderson NV location and looked at trading two cars in for a nearly new one. I was told my 2002 Mercury Cougar was worth $1500, they sell online all day long for $3-4K. Then my 2002 Lincoln Navigator fully loaded 4X4 with $1200 tires was worth $3500, I found them listed online here in Vegas for $8-10K and all had over the 75K miles mine did. So then I was told they couldn't deal with the price of the 2007 Mazda 6 I looked at...$16, 000 really was the best they could do. Later I found out it was a former rental car too. I looked at a value package Mazda 6 in 08 at the dealer and they were $18, 000 new. This is not the first but most recent time I went to Carmax and left asking myself why I bothered to waste my time. It is easy to buy here but trust me you are getting ripped off. In my opinion if they ask for high perfect condition retail value they better at least give me close to private party on my trades. I was told that KBB is estimating high to get people to want to buy cars and into dealers. Yet when the price for their car was over KBB retail they could not explain that one. You have been warned.

Ga