Career Network / Unauthorized billing

I used this website because I thought I was applying for jobs! I assumed it was like other credible job websites until I was already done with the 'application process' and had gotten the 'confirmation email'. When I returned to the website to log in and search for jobs I found it suspicious that I couldn't access all the personal information I had given them, including my home address, telephone number, and my whole past employment history. Most other job websites allow you access to that information and the right to terminate your account if you so please. Not this one!

I sent an email to the 'contact us' address and asked that my account and information be deleted because I no longer wanted to use their 'services', and to date have not received any email back. I can still log into the website! I have received several phone calls on the number I listed with them from a man I can't understand. He sounds like he's from oversees but the call came from a local cell phone number.

I was angry at myself for not going with my gut instinct when I was on this website! Especially after coming on to this one and realizing that my instinct had been right! Now I'm worried about where all my personal information will be going and to whom!

Ju

Comments

• Dr
      25th of Jun, 2009

Not sure how these people got my information. I did not use their sight or apply for a job through them but they contacted me. I received a message on my phone that they had a interested company that wanted to speak to me for a job I applied for. I am looking for work so I did not pay to close of attention to the name careernetwork, returned the call they answered phone asked for my name to look up job, said they had system problem asked if they could call me back after resolved issue to access my record. I said sure not thinking to clear gave them my phone number, they never called back do not know how they got my phone number in the first place to contact me or how much of my personal info they have but they are up to no good and they at least know my name and telephone number.