Career Network / Awful experience

Career Network is a complete scam!!! They advertised a very high paying event planner job on the San Antonio Express-News website. I applied for the position, sending my resume and a cover letter. I received an email stating that I was qualified for the position, but they needed more info before they could submit my info to the employer. The info they asked for was completely unrelated to the position. (For instance...'Who is your cell phone provider?'). When I got to the part of the questionnaire that asked for my job reference info it would not accept the phone number of my first reference. I emailed them twice (because they do not list a phone number), and I never heard back. I know this is a scam. Hopefully I won't have any identity theft to deal with after being stupid enough to fall for this!!!

Va

Comments

• Co
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Here is what to do with Career Network.

I recommend to spam 'em back or...something more sinister.
    Write and tell em that you are interested in investing $500, 000 in business opprortunites and give them some bogus info. Then make them go to a link or site that is loaded with viruses, infections, malware etc.

Yep, sinister but, they stole my info and they need to be shut down.
    : (

• Fr
      12th of May, 2009

(SCAM) Careernetwork.com is a LEAD GENERATION MILL FOR PRIVATE-FOR-PROFIT COLLEGE INSTITUTIONS. Their ONLY PURPOSE is to verify peoples data extracted from their Bait-N-Switch job apps. Theirwebsite hides behind the mask of employment screenings, only to screen you for college lead generation.