Care Credit / deceptive and confrontational

In April I was told that Care Credit could be used for vet bills and chemotherapy, with 18 months deferred interest. I applied online, was accepted & started using the card for vet bills.
I paid more the minimum on time each month.
Today I opened the bill and there was a $19.81 charge at 22.98%!!
I called to complain and the rep was not sympathetic. She said I had a 3 month agreement not an 18 month agreement.
She said unless I could prove it in writing, tough luck.
I have my email receipt but it is not written on there. I called the vet and they said they will try to fix it, if they can.
I HAVE NEVER, EVER HAD GOOD DEALINGS WITH GE MONEY BANK, EVER.
I HAVE an EXCELLENT FICO SCORE AND DO NOT NEED A 23% CREDIT CARD.
BEWARE OF CARE CREDIT AND BEWARE OF GE MONEY BANK - THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Comments

• Si
      2nd of Aug, 2009

oh care credit has been nothing but trouble since the day we got involved, but we have pets and we all know its always unexpected so I applied and things were good for awhile. always made payments on time . we take our dog to the vet and they said your card has nothing left on it and I checked it before we left and there was plenty to cover the vet bill so I come home and they were RUDE over the phone, and then we took the coverage for if you are ever Ill or lose your job what a joke my Husband had back surgery and was out of work so we call them and they told us that if he is off for longer than 3 months but in those three months we are to still make the payments that the entire bill would be paid HUH so I will not make another payment to them they flat out lied to us and then they cancelled our card imagine that

• Ge
      25th of Jan, 2011

I was unable to get past a phone tree and talk to a person. The phone tree agreed to stop sub but would not refund whole $27 for sub to Digital Photography which was way more than it should cost at $27 for a year. This is shocking that this kind of FRAUD can happen in the USA. I didn't get any email or postal mail notification of this sub. I don't know how I got conned into this. They must know that it is a con because they never let you get past a phone tree. Someone strong needs to complain to Congress about this, and stop this abuse from scam magazine hawkers.

• Ge
      25th of Jan, 2011

The above post was meant for a differnet forum, sorry.
    Sissy, You can now follow Care Credit on Facebook and write your experiences there. I learned that each month after making a payment I had to call a few days later after it posted and tell them to reallocate that payment to the balance that was expiring, sooner than the other balances. That was a big help, but they don't tell you that.