Complaints & Reviews

stay away

Their Promotion states interest free as long as pay on time. To be used for Dental Care. How ever not so. Reality is they charge 29.99% interest from time you use it. They have the Doctors sale this to their patient. The Doctors are being used with out knowing of it. So great harm is done to the patients that are trying to get dental care. This company needs to be shut down by the Federal Goverment . This type of act is causing many people to file bankgrupts for the patient cann't ever get out of debt from this company. This is a crimial company and operating policy of theirs. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!!! CREDIT CARE ISN'T THERE TO HELP THE PATIENTS IN THEIR TIME OF NEED!! THIS COMPANY General Electric Money Bank that runs this credit line. Is only interested in getting as much money out of the patients as it can get away with. They only care about their stock holders only not the people of the United States. Bottom line they are stilling from those who need help. I hope congress gos after G E now for their wrong doings and CNN investigates these guys and shows the public what they are and have been doing and still are doing to so many people in America.

• GE Money US Aug 29, 2011

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your CareCredit account. We'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- Reference code DM 082911_cc

avoid no mater what!!!

I just spoke top "customer service" on GE money bank because m August payment of 3times the required amount did not post on my billing statement and they charged me a $25 fee for not making an August payment – the amount due was $43, I paid $150. The first person I spoke to said it was because my July payment was late – they received it and posted it 4 days later; after my due date. This is of course my fault. She transferred me to s supervisor – all her own idea – who may be the snottiest, rudest, most obstructive woman I have EVER spoken to – and I used to do telemarketing. The fist thing she said – I am not kidding – was “Why exactly did you think you needed a supervisor??” It got worse from there. The jist of it – if I get this right – is I was charged a late fee for paying early; they will NOT credit overages as payment until the end of the billing cycle so it oes not appear on my statement; you cannot have an updated statement (the automated phone message says you can); and I cannot change due date so I can actually pay the bill in a timely way for me instead of having to artificially delay my payment until their due date to avoid a late fee (?????) I have to receive the bill - hold the bills for at least a week - then pay it or it will credit to the previous billing cycle and I will get another late fee. Even though I am paying two and three times the amount due, the compnay will charge me a late payment fee every month my payment is not posted - on their end - on the 7th or 8th.

• GE Money US Jul 26, 2011

- Reference code DM 072611_cc2

scam!!! liars

Medical emergencies bring out the best in some, the worst in others. Well, needless to say...CareCredit brings out the obsolute worst!!! Simply and to the point, they take advantage of patients in a bad situation. CareCredit.com are vultures – and if you can avoid dealing with them, I advise making whatever effort is necessary to do so.
CareCredit.com has signed up medical providers – not just MDs, but dentists, therapists, and veterinarians. If you have a huge medical expense, and can't afford the entire amount, chances are your medical provider will probably mention CareCredit.com and their wonderful three- or six-month no interest plan. Well, I had an overwhelming amount in dental costs and my dentist suggested that I apply for care credit for part of the amount. When I called them, they were EXTREMELY pleasant! I was approved during that very phone call. I have excellent credit...but needless to say, that was NEVER even checked.

The concept sounds very much like an act of mercy, guaranteeing that people who are in desperate need of funds to pay for their medical procedures will get the help they need.

CareCredit.com is actually GE Capital (the same people who made your ‘fridge lend out lots and lots of money). They’re not in it for altruism – they’re in it to make money – and make money they do. HOW? BY LYING TO YOU!!!
This is not a loan, it’s a credit card – in a few days, a MasterCard appears in your mailbox. In theory, you can use this card to charge more medical expenses. What’s different about this card is that, unlike all those offers you’re getting in the mail every day, the interest is GETTING ADDED EVERY SINGLE DAY at the maximum amount allowable under the usury threshold of 24% APY.

That vaunted “interest-free” period is only “interest-free” if you pay off the entire bill within the no-interest period. Pay off all but A FEW BUCKS and you owe interest on the entire bill.
MY STORY!
In my case, CareCredit.com never bothered to send me any form of information about the account AT ALL. Sure, they got the card to me, but nothing else. They’re never sent me any information about the payment plans, and more to the point, they’ve never sent me a BILL!
I had less than $3, 000 left to pay on the card, which I would have HAPPILY paid the entire amount off to avoid the "ACCRUED INTEREST" if I had been advised. My dentist called up to add $9, 000 to the card and asked if he did so, would they extend the promotional "interest free" rate for an additional 12 months. THEY GLADLY AGREED! Well, one day, I go online and notice that they are charging me interest. I called and not only was the customer service agent extremely rude, he proceeds to insult my intelligence insulted by stating that I should learn to read. I'm sorry, last I checked I have my PHD! I am quite certain I KNOW HOW TO READ! This comment coming from a customer service rep who probably gets paid minimum wage at best. I learned that I was now being charged over $3, 000 in ACCRUED INTEREST! This after being told they were extending the promotional period due to the additional balance. IS THIS EVEN LEGAL?!?!?!?!?!?!

My Advice ...Avoid these people like the plague! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! Not to mention that their customer service representatives are incompetent (if not merely stupid) and worse yet, LIARS!!!

• De
    deborah k Dec 09, 2011

I too paid more than the minimum amount due on my Care Credit account and still they want to charge me a fee, in actuality it is interest, regardless of how they slice and dice it! This called usery, I think everyone who knows they are victims of fraud need to contact the Attorney Generals office and or sue.

• Ge
    GECapitalCares Dec 09, 2011

Angela - My apologies; I just saw your post today. We'd like to review your account and assist. We'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- Reference code DM 120911_pcangela411

GE Capital

• Ge
    GECapitalCares Dec 09, 2011

Deborah - We'd like to assist with your account as well. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- Reference code DM 120911_pcDeborahK

GE Capital

interest rate

Four years ago I took out a credit card for my mom because our dog needed surgery in order to live. So I went ahead and took out the credit card that the vet had suggested. Come to find out because of my inquiry as to why I was still paying on it when it did no exceed $1500 I found out that I was locked in at 26.99 percent interest. There was no way that I would pay this off within 10 years had I not taken my money out of my savings and pay it off. I am not impressed with this company what so ever not only are they targeting people in a stressfull time but they are taking full advantage of people. I canacelled my card the second I new the payment went through and plan on never going back, however I beleive people need to know about this company and how they are sucking money out of you knowing full well that it will never get paid off within a decade.

• Ka
    karen Dec 16, 2008

My son's cat was dying he is only 21 years old and could not put it down the vet recommended an animal hospital yhey told him he could take a loan out with a co signer at that time we had no idea how much the hospital would be. We filled out all the paper work they took advantage of a young man and so did CareCredit they charged over $5000.00 in vet bills and CareCredit is charging him 29.99% I called and tried to get it lowered they will not do anything . My son is living on his own trying to grow up and be responsible but CareCredit will not help anyway
    I Will Never Have Anything to Do With GE Money

• Be
    bewitch Feb 28, 2009

well you know at 21 years old u should be grown enough to have common sense and as being a co signer and the older one that u would read the terms and then check the price before u agree to something so in reality balming a company for you not knowing what ur getting into is your own fault

• GE Money US May 18, 2011

-The full name associated with the account
    -Mailing address associated with the account
    -Your contact phone number
    -Reference code DM051811CC

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email

CareCredit

stay away

I had Lasik Surgery 2 years ago and financed through Care Credit with no interest for 2 years. So i paid all my payments on time sometimes more than the minimum. So i knew my 2 years just past on April 5th so i thought they would start charging me interest on what my balance was. I checked on the web site to see what my account balance was and i was shocked to find that if i did not pay the amount in full by April 5th they would charge me all the interest rate for the 2 years i had no interest. 1400$ IN interest. I am so discuste with this company. I Sobbed when i saw this, i had no i dea they could do this. I called the company which is GEmoney and the first girl some how i was disconected from then the second lady was so mean to me. I cant even explain how horrible she treated me. I tried to see if i paid the amount in full by borrowing the money from my mom maybe they woul take some of the interest rate off. The lady was so uncompasionate and rude to me. I asked if there was someone else i could talk to and she said "nope" she was a manager, but i could write a letter. So i asked her what i should write in the letter. She said it so sarcasticly " write in the letter how you think we should BEND OUR RULES for YOU, even though we gave you 2 years to pay it off and you did not". The conversation went on and on and she did nothing but be rude to me and proceed to tell me if i did not pay the amount by the end of the month they where going to charge me another 26% on top of that. Then in the back ground there where people laughing and you could tell that she said something to them and they where laughing at my situation. After we hung up the phone i was so upset i called back to speak to another manager she was nicer and apologized for her co workers rudeness but still there was nothing she could do.

SO now i am stuck with this 1400$ interest and more if i dont pay asap.

Do not TRUST this company they are mean deceiving people who are trying to scam you for your money. I am so hurt becasue i am a single mom who barley makes it financialy anyways, and now to top it off i get this new unexpected outrageous bill.

I wanted to post this because i don't want anyone else to fall victim to this company. Please advise your family and friends to beware of these sneaky money cheating people.

• GE Money US May 18, 2011

I'm sorry for your experience. We'd like to assist with your concern. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:
    -The full name associated with the account
    -Mailing address associated with the account
    -Your contact phone number
    -Reference code DM051711CC

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email

• Aj
    ajwvlh Jun 16, 2011

MOST companies when you do deferred interest, if not paid in full by the end of the term, charge interest and make you pay FROM the beginning. Rooms to go, sears, doesn't matter. Know what you agree to.

sneaky cheats!

SO now i am stuck with this 1400$ interest and more if i dont pay asap.

• Mo
    molliewollie Apr 27, 2011

I'm sorry you're stuck with that interest, but you know, you didn't really 'fall victim' to Care Credit so much as you fell victim to your own lack of reading the fine print before you signed the contract. All those loans that say no interest for two years, or whatever time frame, do the same thing. They are counting on you not paying on time and then you are responsible for the outrageous interest rates. But it's all there in the contract. You'll know better next time. : (

• El
    Elizabeth L. Crain May 02, 2011

Don't preach, mollie. You weren't there.

• Po
    pobarjenkins May 02, 2011

Do you not understand the concept of an internet forum like this one, Elizabeth? Someone posts a complaint. Comments are made so that others can agree, disagree, or infer based on what the complaintant says. No one knows the other side of the story (the point of view from whom the complaint is about), but that doesn't mean it should be ignored.

• El
    Elizabeth L. Crain May 02, 2011

Oh, really, pobar? You've been in a great hurry to dismiss and minimize everything I've had to say. I really have to wonder why.

horrible interest rates

BE WARNED: DO NOT GET A CARE CREDIT CARD!!! I signed up for a No interest for 18 months care credit card and when the 18 months were up I had about 1, 000 left on my card and they hit me with a interest payment of over $520 with my limit being only 15000. Of course this added on an over the limit fee and now my interest rate is over 20% monthly. So now I'm trying to pay down the outrageous interest fee and late payment AND my monthly fee. The crazy part is they did not send me ANY notification about the interest payment!!! I closed my account which hurt my credit and reported them to the BBB. Its crazy!!! DO NOT GET THE CARD!!!

• IrishChick Apr 01, 2011

I completely agree with you. I did not have as high a balance, but their interest rates are outrageous. I used it for some visits to the vet for my guinea pig. Now I just pay with my debit card or bank credit card because I know what their intentions are. So many credit card companies know now that they can hit you while the economy is down.

• Mo
    molliewollie Apr 01, 2011

I don't think it's a matter of hitting you while the economy is down. Care Credit and other's who claim "no interest" if you pay within a year or whatever time span they give you are counting on you not actually paying it off within the agreed time. If you do manage to pay it off on time, great deal for you, no interest. But if you don't, they back date your interest to the beginning of your account. They're predatory, i agree, stay away.

• IrishChick Apr 01, 2011

Yes true, we are very easy prey.

denied benefits

I had a care credit account that I have been making payments on for quite some time. I was laid off from my job around 2 years ago. I was still able to make payments while on unemployment so I continued to do so. Now that unemployment is coming to an end and I have not been able to locate a job, It is getting harder to pay my payments. The protection plan I have would wipe out the debt if I am on unemployment. But they hit me with a twist. Since I didnt notify them within 1 year of becoming unemployed, they will do nothing for me. So I get penalized for trying to fulfil my agreement to pay my debts while unemployed because I didnt tell them sooner? I tried to do right by them and they hit me for it. This to me is ridiculous and I would tell people not to bother with the protection plan because it does not benefit you at all.

bad company

So I just finished paying off my account balance with Care Credit. We needed a little financial help when our dog got the parvo virus. Banfield Pet Hospitals offer Care Credit to customers who have huge bills with them. I only asked for $500 and received that amount through Care Credit. The total bill was around $2, 000, which we paid all but the $500 from Care Credit - this was in October 2010.

First statement came and I paid off half of the balance. Second month $10 more than the minimum and so on until today when I paid off the entire amount.

I checked my credit report and CARE CREDIT added a negative to my report. I called them back and was told that it is 'standard operating procedures' when there is an open balance on an account. Not a LATE balance.. an OPEN balance. So, my credit dropped 200 points because of this a-hole company. It is the ONLY thing on my credit report. I asked them to remove the negative status on my credit report since I paid off the balance and was told they could not do that. So now I have this negative hit on my report for SEVEN TO TEN YEARS. I am starting a dispute with Equifax, but I don't have high hopes this is going to be fixed after spending over an hour on the phone with them.

Needless to say, I'm pretty upset and angry.

Never, EVER use this company. I was never delinquent on a payment and I always paid more than the minimum and they screwed me. It's not worth it. I feel taken advantage of because our dog was dying and it was like "Do this or your dog is as good as gone" type of situation.

Pawn a wedding ring next time!

• GE Money US Mar 03, 2011

- Reference code DM 030311_cc

worst company ever

I have great credit. I opened up a carecredit account to get laser eye surgery since they had a promotional period of 0% for 2 yrs. Why not, I'll just pay with my health savings accounts. Well, care credit is the worst company EVER. i can't pay on my bill online with my debit card (its a credit card number not a normal checking account since it's an HSA). *** online functionality. Also useless customer service reps can't do anything to help me. I call every month to make a payment and have to speak to some to get the reversal since it's a phone payment. Not even a function to email my concerns but have to stay on the phone to talk to no action employees. I will NEVER use CARE CREDIT OR GE MONEY ever since this is the worst experience in my life.

• Sh
    Shannon36535 Feb 09, 2011

The only reason doctors offer carecredit is because they get a kickback. ... vacations, money, ect. It is not to help a patient. I worked for BELTONE HEARING for over a year and listened to the pitch the doctors used to sell thousands of dollars worth of hearing aids on carecredit to people who couldnt afford them so that thier annual golf trips and whatnot were paid for on the patients dime. Pay it off asap and move on.

harassment

The account is my daughters and they call my house at all hour...as late as 10:30 at night.IT IS NOT MY BILL...Stop calling me 25 times day and night...my attorney says to go to court for harrassing me... I will send payments for my daughter but i cant get her account number??/ Help me or LEAVE ME ALONE Give me her account number or send me the bills or work with me somehow. She does not even live near me and our names are different i have told every ignorant bill collector about this and they say they will take my number off and within 1/2 hour they call again.

unwanted credit card

I went to Gentle Dentistry of East Aurora NY for an exam. There was going to be some work done on my teeth. I agreed to pay when each procedure was done. All of a sudden, in the mail. I get a GEMB/CARE CREDIT CARD. I did not apply for it nor did I want it. Seems Gentle Dentistry applied for me . I do not want this CARD I wast if cancelled and any Cash Limits on erased. I am livid with these two Companies. They should be made to stop using these Credit Cards .

I owe the company $2000.00

Yesterday I called GE CareCredit I shocked to know that I still owe $2000.00 I will never pay this off GE Caredit is a scam I wanted ther e address I wasn't able to get that on the phone or online. And when I talked to a real person she was rude, like she was the customer. All I want is for them to lower my interest rate, they getting rich off poor people. I challege Ge Care Credit to call me.

billing

I was approved for Care Credit almost two years ago.
I paid off the dental bill prior to being charged interest under their promotional period. Apparently, too quickly for their liking. I was never once late with my payments.

After not using my Care Credit account for about a year, I opted to use it again in order to keep the account open. Having "account closed by creditor" on your credit report isn't good, even if it was closed due to inactivity.

Since making the mistake to using Care Credit again, I've been living in a nightmare. Someone posted about the representative named Kyle, employee ID 74222. Apparently, they are still paying him for delivering horrible customer service. He was the third person with whom I spoke, and apparently, he doesn't have a manager/supervisor/director. Intriguing. I work in a call center, and my supervisor has a manager, who has a director. Every employee has another person who's higher in rank than they.

Anyway. I've attempted to pay Care Credit twice. The only way I knew anything was amiss was because collection calls would begin. I've used the same checking account to pay them now as I did in the past for the dental bill. Nothing has changed; the online system even stored my account information.

I was informed my account number is incorrect for my bank. Care Credit has claimed this twice. I've verified with my bank that everything I am inputting has been done correctly. I strongly believe that Care Credit is not even processing my payments at all. My bank has no record of them even making the inquiry to withdraw money. I am certain they are issuing late fees and returned check fees in order to get more money of consumers. I don't see how this is ethical. Nor do I understand why the BBB gives them an A+ rating.

• Ho
    HolidayCook Oct 08, 2009

Care Credit is terrible to do business with. They charged $39.99 for 30 minutes late on a payment. I did get credit back on that one. Then we had a lightning strike which knocked out my computer for over 24 hr. I was able to make my payment after the computer, etc was working again. I was 5 1/2 hours late, I explained and they were very rude to me. So called supervisor told me I had my one late fee reversal. So if you have any power outages, get home late from work or anything. Be sure you paid your bill before 5pm!!!

• Te
    Tevin Dec 03, 2010

Really? I am a Care Credit holder, what do you recommend as far as the inactivity policy goes?

fraudulent moneymaking scheme

You go to the dentist and she wants to do an expensive procedure that isn't covered by insurance. When you balk at the price, she has a cost effective alternative - CareCredit. DON"T DO IT - IT IS A TOTAL SCAM.

I needed a $2, 293 program for my gums. When I said it was too expensive, she came up with CareCredit. According to the paperwork (that I have in front of me now), I would be able to pay for the program over 24 months, interest free. It would cost me just $95.54 / month. She explained that if I hadn't paid it off after the 2 years, I would owe the deferred interest at 19.99% annual rate.

Knowing I could easily afford that, I signed up. Big mistake. The pamphlet CareCredit put out is very carefully worded to mislead. In fact, everything about this operation is designed to mislead. The pamphlet shows that they offer 3, 6, and 12 month promotional periods of 0% interest and longer periods at 11.9%. The brochure implies that if you are not in good standing, you get a 22.98% interest rate slapped on.

Here is what really happened to me. I got my CareCredit card with the opening charge of $2293. I began paying it off, $200 per month. That was over twice the rate I needed to pay it off over 2 years. I set up an auto-pay and after verifying that it was working, decided to just forget about it and let it run till it was paid off.

In reality, it didn't work like that at all. After 3 months, the promotional period "ran out" and I was back charged $167 in deferred interest. And then I started accumulating interest on the balance at the punishing 22.98% rate. Just for the record, my credit score is 782-790 and I have an interest rate of 8.9% on my Visa card. I pay off my credit car in full every month.

CareCredit is a dishonest money making scheme. The entire operation - from the way local medical professionals sell it, the brochures that are handed out, the manner in which customer service operations, and the way in which the program is run is all about deception. You are led to believe you are getting one thing when, in fact, they are setting you up for punishing charges.

I find it shocking that a company like GE puts their good reputation on the line by operating this fraud. The executives of GE Money Bank should be investigated for wrongdoing and thrown in jail. This is a total scam.

account security

When I signed up for the Care Credit card from GE, the intention was to use it to cover vet bills for my...

they are financial sharks and lowest of the low

I used Care Credit when I needed some dental work done a few years ago. In three years I never missed my monthly payment, always paid by the due date, ALWAYS on time! One day they cut my limit from $3000 to $2300 which in turn hurt my credit score because of the "credit to debt ratio" rating, then a few months later they closed my account for no reason. I ALWAYS PAID ON TIME! They upped my due date by 3 days which made me late because I paid on my regular due date. They charge a $39.99 late fee if your are late and almost $45 interest per month. Three years, never missed a payment except one month when customer service didn`t follow through on their commitment (overseas cust serv, so they can`t understand you) and my credit score dropped 59 points. I borrowed from my life insurance just to pay them off. They are financial sharks and lowest of the low!

billing

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Our vet recommended them for an emergency vet bill. We recieved a "promotional rate" if we paid a set amount over the minimum payment each month. Our credit limit was $500.00. We paid that set amount of $50.00 and paid AT LEAST a week early each month. I noticed that the last two months the balance was INCREASING...when I checked my statement this month which I downloaded (which conveniently they had changed to online only instead of a mailed paper statement so I would not notice the interest change) I found on the statement that the promotional rate had expired and THEY CHARGED ME $97.38 IN INTEREST ON MY BALANCE OF $206.57!!! Are these people on CRACK????? How on earth can you justify almost a hundred dollars interest a month on a 206.00 dollar balance?? I am getting ready to contact them via email I will close this account. And I have informed my vet of their practices. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING!! I can see now why they have so many complaints listed on this board. This is one for Clark Howard to advise.

introductory offer for 3 months???

When I heard about the care credit plan from the girl at the oral surgeons office I thought the offer was great. I was told I could pay off my balance in 6 months without a penny spent on interest. (So I thought) On the forth month's bill I saw intrest attached on to my remaining balance. WTF. I called the company of course and they said that the person at the oral surgeons office signed me up for the 3 month introductory offer instead of the 6 month introductory offer. It is a mystery to me how she could have signed me up for a 3 month no interest offer without a 3 month no interest offer written anywhere on the care credit's brochure and website. After I contacted care credit again they said nothing could be done about it. :( So my money was stolen from me through misrepresntation and a stupid ### that works at the surgeons office.

er visit

IF YOU HAVE AN ANIMAL THAT NEEDS LIFE OR DEATH TREATMENT AND DON'T HAVE THE MONEY DON'T TRY TO GET CREDIT FROM THIS PLACE. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PERFECT CREDIT SCORE THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN. WE LOST OUR LITTLE ANNIE DUE TO AN ACCIDENT AND DIDN'T HAVE THE 2000.00 FOR THE OPERATION AND SHE DIED THE NEXT DAY. I'M GLAD ANNIE WASN'T A CHILD THAT NEEDED MEDICAL ATT. BUT WAIT SHE WAS LIKE A CHILD TO ME SINCE I DON'T HAVE CHILDREN.

er visit

• Ba
    bajaskier Feb 18, 2010

Your better off. The last thing you needed was having to deal with CareCredit. Read the thousands of complaints against these scammers.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices