Carcraft / Bad aftercare service!

United Kingdom Review updated:

I got a car from carcraft after keeping me and my wife hanging around for hours after doing the paper work, i thought at last no hassle boy. Was i wrong. My car had a head gasket go i thought thats ok it is covered under the warranty which it was so my car went into a local garage to be repaired. I wanted a curtsy car all that carcraft said their isn't any at the moment my car is still in the garage after almost three weeks the work is done, but carcraft have not payed the bill. So the car cant be released the after care is rubbish their is no communication between care craft and the garage and between carecraft and me the car owner. When i phoned carcraft they took a long time to answer the phone over a hundred ring before anybody picked the phone up. I wouldn't recommend carcraft to anybody not even to my worst enemy i wish i never bothered but its to late for me so don't make the same mistake as me thanks to carcraft they have ruined mine and my family's xmas!
Te

Comments

Kj
  13th of Jan, 2008
I see there are other people who are annoyed at the service from Carcraft.. I am another.. Can anyone please help me find out if there is anything i can do at this stage to get my money back on an Audi A4..

I purchased an 1.8T Audi A4 convertable in September 07. I had the free 3 months Warrenty which has come in very handy... The car developed an oil leak in December. I took it back, a week later I got a call to say the car was ready to be picked up so off I went.. When I got there I noticed a lovely dent in the drivers door which was not there when I dropped it off. They took it straight into the body shop and got the dent out..

Just before christmas the oil leak was back , so they picked the car up, sent it to another garage to be fixed.. I got to pick it up on the 21st December.. drove for about 10 mins and realised the heating was no longer working.. Needless to say the card was turned round and I went back.. i got the car back that evening...

Its now the 13th Jan and the car is back in car crafts hands.. yes the oil leak is back.. This time the oil leaked while I was at work which is an hour from where I lived and approx 45 mins from carcraft.. They offered me my train fair home but told me I had to make my own way to the railway station and then once back to my home town i had to get from the railway station to home on my own too, they were not willing to help... Luckily I'm a member of the AA so they picked me up and brought me and my car home. Carcraft recoverd the car on Saturday.. The recovery driver who worked for Carcraft looked the car over, when we noticed the sound proofing had been torn and there were wires exposed from where carcraft last had the car.. the recovery guy admitted they they had done it.. I now have no car to get me to and from work as they could not give me a courtisy car, and if you try and speak to a manager you have to wait for them to call you back.. The call centre leave an email for them to call you, so they will as and when they get round to the email..

I took a personal loan out for the car. it is an 04 plate.. Is there a way I can legally get my money back now as I have no faith in Car craft and their service... even the hire car I was given as a hire car last time was not serviced correctly as the pollen filter needed changing.. I had to pop my ears everytime I started the engine...