Car Toys / Cell phone

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:

I read the complaints about Car Toys but didn't believe them. I had purchased a car stereo system with no problem. Not so with cell phones. I spent 3 1/2 hours in the store getting my account established, etc. I was courteous and let the salesman move to other customers without complaint. Purchased 3 cell phones with new AT&T account. I tried to convince my wife to purchase the same phone I had. She insisted on a different one. We were assured that we could change it to the same as mine within 30 days ... no problem. Until we tried it. At first they were going to give us no credit for her phone and charge new price for the update. When I complained they then said we were too late to change anyway because they have a 14 day return policy. I showed them the 30 day policy I had in writing, but was told they did not honor that. All this with another store employee telling the Manager I was correct in what I was telling him. Don't go to Car Toys in Fort Worth, Texas. You are sure to be burned.

Mi

Comments

• Cb
      11th of May, 2009

Car Toys Totem Lake Kirkland Washington is horrible! We've had nothing but problems with cell phone contracts and phones. DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

My husband purchased a T-Mobile G-1 for me as a Christmas present and also purchased the additional 2 year replacement warranty for $199.99- my husband was told that if anything happens to the phone I could just bring it in and it would be replaced. My phone just died for no reason. I took it in and they could not find any damage and their comment was "I guess you're lucky that way..." The phone is less than 5 months old. The assistant manager JT said I will need to send in my phone to the manufacturer. I showed him our paperwork that showed the proof of additional insurance (which by the way is exorbinant) and he said their insurance doesn't cover the phone so I need to send it in to the manufacturer. I am in sales and rely on my phone for business and cannot do business without the phone. I need a replacement phone and right now I am losing business and they will not replace the phone. We will never do business with them again and I am getting the word out. Their promises and their business is a total SCAM!!!

• Na
      3rd of Jul, 2009

There are three or four Car Toy stores in Fort Worth. The one I went to evidently did not have all the information from the manufacturer to perform a complete install (and did not know that at the time of install), and because the blackberry no-hands feature to my car audio system has had a run of complaints, they are installing a separate blackberry interface at no charge to compensate. The Car Toy store I have been to, although has been slow, is trying their best to correct a bad situation that the manufacturer has put them into.

• Wk
      11th of May, 2012

Bought the 199.00 insurance and was told i would get a brand new phone anytime i messed mine up up to 4 times in 22 months. Went in for first time and they said i had to call a number. Then the people on the phone charged me 69 dollars and said they were shipping a refurbished phone to me not a new one. Then they called and said they were out of stock and that car toys would send me a phone and charged me 569.00 until i returned my phone to them. Opened mail today and i got a new phone literally just the phone no battery, no battery cover just the phone itself. I would suggest just paying the normal insurance through your provider. Atleast they would swap your phone out that day and not make you mail it in.