Car Toys / Their warranty is a nightmare

Good luck getting ANY level of customer satisfaction from Car Toys Extended Warranty!

They are IMPOSSIBLE to deal with and "customer service" does not exist whatsoever!

They actually made me regret leaving the repair service of Qwest!!! Now THAT'S bad!

I happily purchased 4 cell phones from Car Toys last February, but have now had 3 opportunities to utilize their insurance and have YET to be satisfied.

Most recently it took me over TWO weeks to get a phone that would be delivered in "2-3 days."

Next time I'll be sure and purchase the extended MANUFACTURER'S warranty and NOT the CAR TOYS warranty!

Va

Comments

• He
      19th of Sep, 2008

I just tried to use the extended warranty that I spent quite a bit of money on in July of 2007 and I agree with you, I am very disatisfied. First the lady I dealt with did a poor customer service job, partly due to being nearly impossible to communicate effectively with, partly due to what seemed to be general attitude, I could tell right away they purposely try to make this difficult to use and encourage their customer service people to not give replacements, maybe they hope most people will just get irritated and give up.

Then she tried to tell us that they wouldn't cover the phone which was faulty and malfunctioning for quite some time now and is now nearly impossible to use due to no fault of our own, when we insisted that was wrong they agreed to cover a replacement but wanted a credit card number so they could charge us the cost of the phone plus a $35 dollar deductible and they had to recieve our old phone in the mail before they would deduct the cost of the phone. I paid darn near the full cost of the phone just for the stupid warranty for it!!! (dumb on my part, I know!) How about they just charge me if they don't get the old phone or better yet, just do the replacements in the store and save us all this hassle to begin with. Oh but it's easier to screw people over when you don't have to deal with them in person, god forbid they make things easier for the customer who is giving them money for their services and can take those services elsewhere in the future. I decided to pass on that deal, I think I'd rather just spend the extra 15 bucks to get a replacement through Verizon and hopefully leave the store with a phone in my hands, I didn't know we could get a phone replacement through them for only 50 bucks or I'd never have spent all that money on a Car Toys extended warranty. (I fully admit it's my own fault for not being better informed, but I still can't help but be irked by the whole situation.)

The salesman made it sound like it'd be great coverage and misled us to believe we could just get a replacement free of charge and easily and definitely sort of put some pressure on us to buy the warranty and sung it's praises like you wouldn't believe. They said if we didn't use the replacements in the warranty after 2 years we could use the 200 dollars per phone we spent on it toward a new phone, I sure hope they honor that and don't have some loophole to worm through when that time comes.

Oh well, I'm young and dumb and have learned my lesson about buying extended warranties, at least from places like that.

Oh yeah and when we were signing up for the new service they were supposed to waive some fees because they were running some kind of special and we got charged with those fees anyway. I didn't pursue the matter enough when I noticed it and now regret not insisting I be reimbursed.

In my experiences thus far it seems like you tend to get screwed no matter what when buying wireless phones and plans from anywhere and they always do their best to make you feel like you didn't just get totally boned. Unfortunately they know cell phones have become one of those uneccessary "neccessities" and most people are willing to take the b.s. for the sake of having one.

• Th
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I have some problems with CAR TOYS ONLINE too. They charged my credit card for multiple times, and it took long time to get the phone.

• Ni
      5th of Dec, 2013

I bought 2 iPhone 5 1 year ago from Car Toyz, The sales guy from car toyz told me that, I could just bring them the bad phone and they would replace it in store. now year later my iPhone battery fail. went to the store they said no you have to call this number and deal with them. Ok so I call the number, and now they tell me I have wait for them to send me a prepaid packaged, so I can send my phone in and they will either fix my phone (in perfect condition by the way, besides the battery. It was in a case with ghost armor the whole time) or replace it. Ok 8 days later I received a replacement phone which the mic on it doesn't work. I think to myself "well this is a new phone right? I will just take it to apple to see whats wrong. Well the apple tech told me that that was a fake phone and we can't even touch it. I ask "what did he mean by fake?" he says they basically took the inside of another phone (not my original one by the way) and refurbished a $800 phone with fake plastic cheap parts. The back of the phone doesn't even have the engravings from apple and FCC stuff. its just blank and it feels like cheap plastic. Now they want me to send the phone back in, stay without a phone for 8-10 more days (when my wife is almost due with our first baby) and they will see what they can do about it. And this whole time they talk to me like they are doing me a favor. Come on I paid $500 for the warranty service. $250 a piece on two devices. This is ridiculous.

• Fr
      4th of Sep, 2015

Just tried to use Car Toys extended phone warranty. Originally I was told that it would be a new phone. Now they say that the gentlemen misspoke and they only send out refurbished phones. I sent in my phone a week ago. I was told that I would have my new refurbished phone in 2-3 business days. When I called to find out where my phone was I got the run around. They say they shipped it out but e a tracking number could not be provided and they are not sure when I will receive my phone. I spend $200 on a warranty to be without a phone. I will never purchase an extended warranty through a 3rd party company again.