Captain D's

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 by

10 pc value pack + 4 fries + 4 corn + 2 pc catfish

Good evening,

To whom it may concern, my name is Christopher McDowell and I'm writing this letter to address the unfortunate and infuriating experience I had at one of your establishments . The location I'm referencing is at 2626 Princess Ann Street Fredericksburg, VA 22401 . My intended purpose is to receive compensation for the unsatisfactory, unpleasant service I received .

I'm typically a man of very few words, however after the traumatic, unsavory meal I couldnt consume I feel it's not only absolutely necessary to be reimbursed but I thought I share my thoughts on this particular space your company is inhabiting .

After another restless day for myself as a technician and father I didn't want to burden my expectant wife with cooking dinner so we decided to go out to eat with the family . From many glances, (the street view and parking lot) it appeared as though the drive thru had a long wait line so I proceeded to personally walk-in enter your restaurant . Initially the off putting smell of your establishment never occurred to me that it maybe an issue with sanitation because your "specialty" is seafood . However, after attempting to consume a bite of your hush puppies I discovered a hair embedded in the batter of one . As far as the fish was concerned, it tasted as if the integrity of the fish as a whole was compromised by the foul smell in the air when entering the restaurant . It seemed as though the fish might've been battered and fried in the restroom .

As a loyal, yet unsatisfied customer I feel wronged, and disrespected for our meals not only being mishandled but unsafe to eat . As one of many, I work very hard for every nickel, penny, and dime I make so yes I am worried about where my money goes . To reiterate my intent, I feel my request is more than fair, opposed to me speaking about it openly and inconsiderably writing a review that can be detrimental to your business .
Updated by Christopher McD, Dec 12, 2017
clearly someone is having a bad day, I clearly stated the meal was unsavory . maybe you can't afford a dictionary because the definition of unsavory means it's not edible . therefore meaning we didn't eat the food . you should also mind your manners and think before you even speak to another person like this ever again . i believe people that have nothing nice to say should just keep their mouth shut .
Updated by Christopher McD, Dec 12, 2017
Why retreat back to a public place to act as a tyrant and possibly engage in an altercation ? I'm not a trouble maker I didn't even realize this was a public forum . When I googled means of gaining compensation or closure for our experience this was the only site that gave me any personal information to contact someone to talk to directly .
Updated by Christopher McD, Dec 12, 2017
Business owner should not only value their title and power but also the responsibilities that come along with it . Businesses should take accountability for negative experiences someone may have seeing as their target is everyday people whether right, wrong, or indifferent . Not only is it the season to give but I should be receiving whatever I deem necessary . Because the common saying is the customer is always right .
Complaint comments Comments (11)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Food

Comments

N  12th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
I understand why you're upset, but it seems a little odd that you consider this experience traumatic. That being said, did you ask to speak to a manager while you were there? Have you called the restaurant or their corporate office?
N  12th of Dec, 2017 by    -2 Votes
@pobarjenkins I'm confused as to how you could possibly understand yet question the validity of my statement . I did not dine at the establishment . I simply went inside, got in line, and took the food to go . I'm from Illinois, and there they have a restaurant chain called Portillos . Portillos makes more money than any other fast food chain that has way more locations . It's a guaranteed fine dining experience that equally costly as Captain D's yet I have not 1 complaint .
N  12th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Christopher McD The fact that another restaurant exists that is better (there are probably hundreds of better restaurants) has nothing to do with your complaint. Additionally, nowhere did I question the validity of your statement, just the degree to which it affected you. Have you called the store or returned to complain? They likely will not see your complaint here.
N  12th of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
Why didn't you return the food for a replacement or speak to a manager? Instead, you write a negative review on a complaint site, which is exactly what you stated in your letter you preferred not to have to do.
N  12th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Sulphur7 If someone mishandled your food in the first place would you bother to ask for a "replacement" ?
N  12th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Christopher McD Did you ask for a refund then?
N  13th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Christopher McD If it smelled as badly as you described, I would not have ordered to being with. But since you did, your choices at the time were: ask for a replacement or a refund. You can still contact corporate and request a refund. You may or may not get it. You should, if you still have your receipt. You also have the option of contacting the local health department to voice your concerns about sanitation.
N  13th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Sulphur7 *begin*
N  12th of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
"Not only is it the season to give but I should be receiving whatever I deem necessary . Because the common saying is the customer is always right."

If you've ever worked in customer service then you would know the customer is definitely not always right. You are entitled to a replacement or refund and nothing else. Where is your "giving" spirit? You seem to only want to argue with those who disagree with you. Wouldn't the season warrant "hey I disagree with you but thanks for commenting?"

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree