Capital One Financial Corporation / credit card scam

1 15000 Capital One Dr., Richmond, VA, United States

I had an elaborate scam perpetrated on me. Over the course of a month I was in touch with Capital One trying to protect myself and my credit while going through training for a job with a company in Sweden (according to all the information I had). Through all of my research I could not find any negative information so I proceeded through training for an excellent position. I had been unemployed and looking for a job for almost a year. I expected through my conversations with Capital One that they would guide me to ensure I wasn't scammed. When I was asked by my soon to be new employer to purchase five iPhones I contacted Capital One to get their guidance. They told me what to watch for on my account in order to be sure the funds the company had set up for me had been transferred into my account. I did what the Capital One representative advised me to do, purchased the phones (using my Capital One card), shipped them, and then three days later I received a notice from Capital One that the transfer did not go through and the charges remained on my card putting my balance over the credit limit.

I called them immediately and tried to resolve the situation. I gave them the date that their rep had given me the erroneous information and told them I had a recording because I wanted to make sure I had the information correct--that I would not/could not use the recording for anything other than personal use ( I could not use it in court because I had not told them I was recording it). They would not talk to me and have refused to answer any of my correspondence. As of tonight (in mail tomorrow) I am sending them a letter and cc'ing Better Business Bureau and the FDIC.

Ps