Capital One / penalties & finance charges despite payment in full
Last month, Capitol one stuck $64.68 of charges on my account, ostensibly because my payment was late. After I showed that my bank had made the payment on time, the charges were removed.
This month, however, I have a new charge of $9.56 because I paid the balance less the $64.68 (which was credited to my account before the due date.)
Today I had to listen to Tara and Shirley from Capitol One "Customer Service" tell me that a zero-balance isn't proof of payment in full...that I should have overpaid the account by $64.68 in order to avoid the $9.56 finance charge. What rubbish!
Let's do the math, too...assume for a minute that the erroneous charge of $64.68 was valid, 9.56/64.68 over 30 days amounts to %177 APR.
More Capital One Complaints & Reviews
- Capital One Auto Finance - scam and cheating! 
- Capital One - unreasonable account restrictions 
- Capital One Auto Finance - terrible experience 
- Capital One Credit Card Company - fraud business practices! 
- Capital One - terrible service and company in hole 
- Capital One Financial Corporation - bank policy and customer service
- Capital One Financial Corporation - credit card scam
- Capital One Bank - credit card
- Capital One Financial Corporation - horrible practices/policy
- Capital One Financial Corporation - spark business credit card