Capital One / fraud committed by merchant and credit card company

While vacationing in Turkey I bought a carpet from Gordes Carpet. Purchased a cashmere on wool carpet. Used my Capital One charge card to pay for carpet. Carpet was switched in store by merchant and a different carpet was deliberatelly wrapped and given to me to take home. When going thru security in Munich, Germany I realized the carpet was switched because I had to show what was in the package. I notified Captial One on 27 October 2008. Gordes Carpet put thru two charges. I informed Captial One of the switch and the scam and told them not to honor the first nor the second charge. I was told nothing could be done for three more days and to call back. Of course on day three I called and was put on hold several times. I called back two days later and told my complaint would be put thru dlispute resolution. I questioned how they could evern honor the second charge when I was home in the United States when the second charge was put thru? I was told they could do nothing. I would have to take the carpet back. That was impossible and I would not chance sending the carpet thru the mail in case Gordes would lie and say the carpet was not received. During the dispute phase Gordes lied saying I changed my mind, the carpet was wrapped in front of me and that I had the carpet I wanted in the store. I was convinced that Capital One was more concerned for the merchant and didn't care if a scam was being committed. Capital One does not represent their customers. When ever I was able to talk to the dispute department I always spoke to someone from India who I could not understand and they didn't have a clue as to what my complaint was about. One even suggested I fly back to Turkey to return the carpet. Another suggested getting a second opinion for another carpet dealer which I did. The appraisor confirmed this was not a cashmere on wool carpet. It didn't matter Capital One honored the fraud on behalf of Gordes. Never use Capital One, nerver buy anything from Gordes Carpet and run in the opposite direction if a quide called Oz, a representative from Lewis cruise line wants to show you were to buy carpets. You will be cheated!!!

Ja

Comments

• Go
      28th of Aug, 2012

Dear Manager of the https://www.complaintsboard.com,
    The above mentioned comment is totally unreal.
    We want to know the personal information of the writer in order to sue to save our rights and also we ask you kindly to delete this comment if not please be informed that we may use our legal right to sue you too.
    Regards,