Capital One Bank / credit card fraud

1 3340 Hopkinsville RdCadiz, OH, United States
Phone: 812-239-3308

My name is Scott Wright. I am a victim of credit card fraud. A girl has gotten my information from my mail and gotten a Capital One Credit Card in my name with her as co-signer, so she could use the card. This all happened in 2001 from what Capital One has told me. I first found out in or around the first of 2003. I found out through my credit report. At this time I contacted Capital One and explained to them that I had never owned a Capital One card nor had I even applied for one. The check all the transactions and signatures and found that this girl had fraudulently used my name to get the card and that she had been the only person to have ever used the card. I can not remember the name of the lady that I talked to at Capital One, but she told me then that she would take my name off the account and hold the other lady responsible for the account. She told me that it was all taken care of. This was in early 2003 remember. Well I hadn't heard anything from this account again until June of 2008. Now all of a sudden it is back on my credit report, and for much more money this time I might add, and Capital One tells me that they can no longer pull up my account on there computers to see the history. They have now turned it over to a company called Northland Group Inc. This company tells me that they also can not look up the history of the account and that I must either pay them or work things out with them. I am at a total loss on what I can do now. Can anyone out there help me???