Capital One Bank / auto finance is the worst thing that could happen to you

My complaint is sort of complicated. I financed my car through a small bank that was based here in New York State. I figured that since the bank was smaller, I would be less likely to run into the hassles that come with dealing with a giant bank. North Fork Bank was its name and I had no problems with any late payments or getting answers.

Capital One Bank acquires North Fork earlier this year, and you guessed it...nothing but problems now. My payments are mysteriously late three times within this calendar year. I have never even been late on a car payment since I took my first car loan in 1997. Maybe the Postal Service has found a way to screen out only my one car payment that goes to Capital One and they are trying to ruin my credit. That must be it!!

Now, I just get done speaking with someone from Capital One and they have no idea if there were any problems with the merger. They also seem mystified when I asked them if there were other customers experiencing the same problem.

This is the exact reason why I have never done business willingly with Capital One before. I have never heard one positive review of them, and have had only problems when I have been forced to deal with them.

Ji

Comments

Bp
  16th of Jul, 2009

Unfortunately, your situation is not uncommon. Things seem to always fall through the cracks with the complexity of the data and process integration that comes with large-scale mergers like this one. Capital One Auto Finance is one of the largest auto finance companies out there but if you are not satisfied you should consider refinancing your auto loan with another financial institution. Unlike home loan refinancing, refinancing your auto loan can be a fast and simple process that you can do entirely online. Do a Google search for 'auto refinancing' and you'll see a number of companies who can help you with that. Good luck.