Capital One Bank / auto finance is the worst thing that could happen to you
My complaint is sort of complicated. I financed my car through a small bank that was based here in New York State. I figured that since the bank was smaller, I would be less likely to run into the hassles that come with dealing with a giant bank. North Fork Bank was its name and I had no problems with any late payments or getting answers.
Capital One Bank acquires North Fork earlier this year, and you guessed it...nothing but problems now. My payments are mysteriously late three times within this calendar year. I have never even been late on a car payment since I took my first car loan in 1997. Maybe the Postal Service has found a way to screen out only my one car payment that goes to Capital One and they are trying to ruin my credit. That must be it!!
Now, I just get done speaking with someone from Capital One and they have no idea if there were any problems with the merger. They also seem mystified when I asked them if there were other customers experiencing the same problem.
This is the exact reason why I have never done business willingly with Capital One before. I have never heard one positive review of them, and have had only problems when I have been forced to deal with them.
More Capital One Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Capital One Auto Finance - scam and cheating! 
- Capital One - unreasonable account restrictions 
- Capital One Auto Finance - terrible experience 
- Capital One Credit Card Company - fraud business practices! 
- Capital One - terrible service and company in hole 
- Capital One Financial Corporation - capital one quicksilver card
- Capital One Financial Corporation - unsubstantiated credit card hold
- Capital One Bank - employee attitude
- Capital One Financial Corporation - kohl's credit
- Capital One Financial Corporation - customer service