Capital One Auto Finance / money stealing company

This company needs to go out of business!! We hit a deer with or vehicle that is financed through them. Our insurance company made the check out to them and us. Their policy of course. They will not endorse the check and send it back so we can fix it anywhere we want. Their customer service is horrible they do not want to listen or help their customers what so ever. They just want to steal our money. I also did complain to the BBB and others should too!! They are rip off artists and do not care about any thing.

Va

Comments

• Me
      16th of Nov, 2008

Had the exact same thing happen, but they convienced the insurance company to write a second check $6700.00 to them, Capitol One approved the body shops quote for repairs and agreed to pay them when the repairs were done. Once the repairs had been made and payment was due, Capitol One said they applied the check to the balance of my account. How can they do that my payments were up to date even though the car was in the body shop.

When I called them they said there was nothing they could do I would have to pay the repair shop myself, and that I had a payment due three days ago. I asked what did the insurance check cover, meaning what months, the lady said the check was put at the end of the note, that's why I'm going to have to keep making payments. They told me that with the insurance check was paid on the account my balance was less than $4000.00.

I went to the body shop and explained the problem, they called Capitol One and was told the same thing. Body shop is out over $4800.00 for repairs I don't have the money to pay for, body shop put a lean on the car, against myself and Captiol One.

Talked with several attorneys but they said there is no LAW to prevent the insurance company or Captiol One from doing what was done. Who interests am I paying insurance for, my intestment in a car or Capitiol Ones.

• Di
      28th of Aug, 2009

I agree they should be out of business!!! We had a van and were making payments on time however one month the payday didn't fall right and we were TWO days late. From that time they refused to discuss the account, refused payments we tried to make through western union quick collect and NEVER called, emailed or mailed us. Yet they called all our references and anyone else that they could find that knew us and let them know we were "behind and refusing to make the payments" . Today the van was repossessed and the repo man (thank God) was on top of things and stopped their attempts to file charges on us for "hindering a secured creditor" My husband has worked the same job for 30+ years and we mailed them a letter and changed the address online the one time we moved. Our phone numbers never changed. How could they accuse us of hiding the vehicle or not making payments and what else could we have possibly tried? This company is bad news and I would advise anyone to stay clear of them!!!