Candlewood Suitesfalse charge

Ev New York City, NY Review updated:

Do not stay at Candlewood Suites in TImes Square. If it wasn't bad enough the staff tried to clear out our belongings while we were still checked in; then I saw a $200 charge on my visa bill. When I called to complain they accused me of breaking a table and not reporting.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in New York City, NY There was no broken table in the room I stayed in!!!
Visa says they will dispute on my behalf but that I'll probably have to pay.

I'm posting this so others can avoid going through this upsetting experience. It's quite a low quality hotel anyway.

Comments

• Si
      Jun 21, 2011

We stayed in one in Jacksonville, NC. Their hotel had a nasty odor to it. This hotel accepts pets, however, they never explained the pet policy to us. We came back one night, around 9 pm, and we were told to find other accommodations. Funny, that morning we called to extended reservations and they didn't say a thing. They claimed our dogs were barking all day and night. Their staff was very unprofessional and their manager hid behind her staff, leaving before we had a change to talk to her. What makes it worse, I am in the military in a military town and this is how they treated me.