Canadian Tire / poor policy and bad customer service!
I purchased a Yardworks Cordless Reel mower part [protected]. I used it twice and found that it did a terrible job. It left 30% of the grass uncut. I had to borrow a lawn mower from someone and had no problem with the grass. 31 days after purchasing the mower (they have 90 day return exchange the receipt says, with original packaging and receipt - which I had), I brought it back with the intention to exchange the product.
I was told that it would have to be sent out for repair! I stated that there was no sign in the store, and no where on my receipt did it say that there were no returns or exchanges on lawn mowers. She (customer service) went on to say that cashiers can't know all return policies for all products!
I called Canadian Tire head office. I was told that I could have returned it if I did not used it. I did not know that it was no good until I tried it. She asked if I had read the manual to know that it was a 2 year repair warranty. I said that I did read it. They tried to say that the receipt said that it had to be unused. I told them that it did not say that on my receipt. So I talked with customer service at head office, the supervisor, and finally voice mail for the supervisors manager.
I just want to let people know they told me that all their products have different warranties, and really they have different return policies for all different items. These policies are not stated and you only find out about them once you have purchased a lemon.
I called the store that I bought it from again and finally got someone helpful, she said that she had heard about similar problems with this product.
I have still not heard if they will return it or exchange it.
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire - Online order for pickup
- Canadian Tire - poor service
- Canadian Tire - I am complaining about my mastercard
- Canadian Tire - customer service
- Canadian Tire - online order to pick up next day in store