Canada Post

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 by

mailbox service problems

I believe there is a problem with my mail carrier on DePeuter Cres. Bradford, ON L3Z 3A3. I have had 3 parcels in December 2017 not arrive in spite of tracking numbers - all said the parcels were delivered to my community mailbox. And they were not. I understand that it is up to the sender to file a complaint but this is frustrating to the person paying for shipping for products that do not arrive and I have to follow up with the companies and make alternate arrangements.

INCIDENT #1: I placed an order for my son's school photos with photovision November 15, 2017 (I was not provided with a tracking number). My photos that were to be delivered to my house never came though we checked and double-checked my address. When I contacted the company, they said they were shipped November 29th, 2017. The company reprinted and shipped them again (at their cost) to my work address (a public school in Holland Landing, ON) and they arrived Tuesday January 9th, 2018. Tonight when I came home, there was a message from Photovisions saying that Canada Post returned my photos (the original set) saying I never picked them up from Canada Post. How can that be? I never received a notice that I had a package at my local post office (Shoppers Drug Mart in Bradford) nor was there a key for a compartment with my photos in a larger community mailbox nor were my photos ever in my small compartment. The one time (December 14th) there was a key in my mailbox to access a larger compartment, the package inside the larger compartment was not for me nor for my address. I delivered the package to my neighbor and returned the key to the dropbox.

INCIDENT #2: Walmart order of 5 items was reported to be delivered to my community mailbox - tracking # [protected] on December 14. Not delivered - I am still struggling with Walmart over this. Now I see that it is being returned to sender on January 4th and received by sender January 8th. Where has it been all this time? It never came to my mailbox - nor was there a compartment key or a pick up slip for the post office. Has it been sitting in the community mailbox all this time? Why was I not given a key to get it?

INCIDENT #3: NHL.com - shipment of 1 jersey - tracking # [protected] reported as delivered to my community mailbox. I did not receive this item also. Nor was I given a key, or a notice that it was at the post office. I have also received a notice from NHL.com that my item was returned to them January 10th, 2018. Where was my order all this time?

I do not have confidence now ordering online as three orders I made were not delivered to my mailbox in a three week span. The time I have spent on the phone replacing Christmas presents that were not delivered to me has been really frustrating. I understand that the post office is very busy during the holidays but I do not believe that falsifying delivery status is appropriate or not providing means for a person to retrieve their order from a community mailbox is fair. Did our mailperson just send stuff back they didn't have time to deliver? Or upon seeing the compartment has not been unloaded for a long period of time, did they not double check that a key was provided to the addressee? I cannot believe that all three orders have just been sent back to the companies I ordered from.

Please investigate.

Debbie Giglio
24 dePeuter Cres. Bradford, ON L3Z 3A3
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Movement & Delivery

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree