Camel Cigarettes / 3 pac scam

United States Review updated:
My husband and I are smokers, and when we do purchase anything we always look for sales and promotions, so when we see a promotion that says buy one get one free we go for it, we buy it ' well camel ciggeretts have a bs promotion going on right know, when you purchses 2 packs of there lights you get the third for free all for the scam price of 9.40, well i have yet to pay more then 3.70 a pack ever (i live in denver ,colo) so when i fell for there bogof propaganda i payed 4.70 a pac ,and when we asked several cashiers at all the places that offered the camel bogof promo ,they all said well your really getting each pack for 3.64 instaed of there reg price of 4.70 a pac.so even they admitted that it's really a discount on each pac when you buy 3 pacs,your not really getting anything for free. FALSE ADVERTISING at it.s finest.And the kicker after each place gave use there almost word for word explaination,they all sold us a single pac for 3.64 which is there reg price that they sell there single pacs of camels for, not the 4.70 price hmmm,what am i not getting.Well we have been pointing out this bs scam of CAMEL to anybody and everbody we know, and since i have no shame if i see someone (4 people so far) about to purchase the 3 pac scam i have had no problem pointing out that bottom line there not getting anything for free, i'm very proud to add that all 4 of the people made the choice not purchase the 3 pac deal. marboro here we come, because if they tell 2 people then they tell 2 people and so on and so on.

denver, co
Sh

Comments

Ch
  19th of Mar, 2008
The reason it costs more is because you are still paying the ### tax put on everypack of smokes by our federal and your state goverment. They call them sin taxes and tobbacco has i very high tax on it.
Pe
  3rd of Nov, 2008
I just came back from the store down the street. Camel has a buy one get one free offer. Well, their normal prices are $3.40 a pack. Two packs cost me $5.03 with tax. So I came home and did a search on it, ended up here. I think it's false advertising also. You are not getting a free pack!
Th
  9th of Jun, 2009
California here, ditto... I was like what is this B.S. and the world of Google brought me here...$5.?? for a pack I just paid $8.03 for a buy 1 get 1...WTF?

Camel Logo Camel