Calypso Cay / Dump! No one wants to take responsibility!

This was horrible. The deal was to get a few days and a few tickets for cheap in turn you listen to a 90 min speal on timeshares. I must admit, this was a beautiful resort. Beautiful grounds, pools, villas, putt putt etc. The catch is...you have to stay in this roach infested, smelly nasty, dirt hotel smack dab in the middle of this beautiful resort! It took us 3 trys to get a room we would even think about setting foot in. They all smelled of urine, vomit, and mildew. We pulled the comforter back in one room and there was blood all over the sheets. Not to mention, everytime you step foot out of your room, you ran into DOZENS of people complaining about their rooms! Every complaint made to the hotel staff was answered in the same way...'you have to talk to the company you booked the vaca through about your accommodations'. That's such crap!! You work here, therefore you should take some responsibility for the way this place is kept!! Thank God on our 2nd day of our stay, we met some really nice people at the pool, who were actually staying in a villa, who offered us their 1Br lockout for the rest of the trip! PLEASE READ WARNING!!! Stay away from this deal! The Villa's are beautiful! Hotel and everything in it is CRAP!!! Terrible experience for a family vacation!...until we got into the villa! THANK YOU SAMMIE AND JENN!

Comments

• Br
      18th of Jul, 2009
    Calypso Cay - Scam
    Calypso Cay
    Sheffield
    England, South Yorkshire
    United Kingdom

Was rang up about 11am on friday 17th July. Was told I had won a holiday on my master card. Did not really belive it but sounded convincing so went along with what he was saying. Then he asked me to confirm my mastercard expiry date. This is when I got susspicious and gave him a false date. He then asked for my mastercard account number, he could only confirm that my 1st number was 5. I ranted a bit then put the phone down.

• La
      22nd of Feb, 2014

My husband and I seemed to have pretty much the same experience and we were not as lucky as you and yours were we did not meet any one to save us from them. The one we stayed in did not have the odors but they did have toe nail clippings on floor, holes in drapes, grout out of floor in bathroom, dents in doors and grim built up on trash can at elevators. Also the staff just did not same to care about you or any of your complaints. Food was uneatable.