Calypso Cay ResortBait and Switch

I went to TimeshareOrlando.com' website to look for a timeshare/vacation club. I've been thinking of owning a time share for awhile, and living in Florida, it seems natural to go to Orlando, I have 4 children, so it works. I paid $199 to stay 3 nights in a villa with 2 bedrooms and a pull-out couch in the "living room". It was supposed to have a small kitchen, a washer/dryer area and internet. When I checked in that evening, I was told there were no "more available", the clerk at the "Vacations" desk, Taylor, was rude and said basically "you get what you get or you can back out and pay $350 MORE. Upon going to the HOTEL that I was booked (later my receipt showed the room booked at $53 a night, so SOMEONE kept the rest of that $), I went to a room that made a Motel 6 room look glamorous. The room stank, it did have 2 double beds and a pull out couch, unfortunately, there was blood stains on a bed and pee stains on the couch. There was a little refrigerator, but no other "kitchenette" items, not even a coffee maker. The internet did not work and we had to go down to the lobby to use our laptops. The next day, we had to go to our presentation, of which we told the presenter about our problems and how we expected them to correct it. He "went to his boss" who told us that because we didn't bring a credit rating with us (this was never in any paperwork) we may have to pay the $350 ANYWAY and be on our way, but wait, he will do us a favor and waive it, but there was NO WAY WE WERE GETTING A VILLA. We were given the 2 tickets for Disney, which was the ONLY thing that was as it was put on the contract. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE. TimeshareOrlando.com and Calypso Cay Resort are both scammers and liars.

• Km
    K M Scott Apr 06, 2013

EVERYONE! Write the President, your U.S. Congresspeople, and the Attorney General’s Office! LIFETIME CONTRACTS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED!!!

Sign the petition at

and post this to as many boards as you can!