Calcutta Medical Research Institute / Fraud Billing in Operation-Dr. B.R.Kundu
Ref: Areva/SLW/CMRI/AyB/01 Date: 01/03/2009
Kind Attention: M/s COO
CMRI - Hospitals
Sub: Summary Bill on a/c of Prostrate Operation
Ref: PANA No: 71319
Patient Name: Mr. Sahadev Bhattacharya
Bed No: 609
Patient Type: Corporate Patient
Please refer to the subject noted above; please find the point wise details of the operation had at your hospital.
a) Mr. Sahadev Bhattacharya, hereinafter called patient, was checked by Dr. B. R. Kundu on 17th Feb’09 and was suggested for prostrate operation with urgent recommendation.
b) I, Mr. Ayan Bhattacharya, son of Mr. Sahadev Bhattacharya, hereinafter called patient party, have checked your PRO Office and Welfare Desk for the package information of the operation and it was categorically told that total estimated package is Rs 74, 000/- (Rupees Seventy Four Thousand). Based on the same patient party has taken a approval of Rs 50, 000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand) from FHPL.
c) Operation was done on 24th Feb’09 and patient party has checked the Summary Bill with self interest on 27th Feb’09 and bill amount was Rs 1, 20, 000/- (Rupees One Lakh Twenty Thousand) which is an abnormal amount and your officials even did not inform us about the severity.
d) Patient Party has requested all along for the marginal discount since this amount is out of our expectation and we are not in a position to pay the same. All though your officials has provided us a discount total bill is still Rs 1, 22, 000/- (Rupees One Lakh Twenty two Thousand) as on 28th Feb’09.
e) You would also appreciate that for a prostrate operation the lumpsum charged to patient party is not fare and unjustified.
f) The patient party has also expressed their wish to meet you personally at your desk which was rejected by your officials w/o any valid reason.
Under such circumstances we do not even know how to escalate any issue which is affecting the healthy relation ship and we are proceeding with letter for your submission.
Based on the above mentioned point we, the patient party would request you to look into the matter. I, a member of Areva T&D India Ltd who is having corporate relationship with CMRI and Birla Groups, extend a sincere request to you to reduce the Bill burden to enable us to take further medical expenses at CMRI.
Looking forward for your support and patient party personally want to meet you for the subject matter.
Request you to propose us a solution to live a better life under the medical supervision of your organization.
AREVA T&D India Limited
Salt Lake Works
BLOCK – BN, Sector – V
Salt Lake City
Kolkata - 700091
More Calcutta Medical Research Institute Complaints & Reviews
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute - mis treatment 
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - this complain is regarding working attitude of dr. biswarup lahiri of general medicine.
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - doctor manocha's extreme rude behavior
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - room service
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - nursing service
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - final settlement bill and money receipt
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - dr sandeep bhattacharya
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - doctor's punctuality
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - inpatient services
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - Overcharging & inflated estimates to swindle insured patients