Burger King, Cochituate Road, Framingham, MA / coupons & senior discount

1 Framingham, MA, United States Review updated:

I visited the cited store today, 08/13/18, at about 4:15 P.M., and used a coupon to order a double Whopper Meal. I asked the man who took the order, Jeremy, the Manager (not further identified), if there was also a Senior Discount. He said there was, but I could not use if and also use a coupon. I asked for his business card, but he said he had none. He also gave me a hard time about obtaining a cup for ketchup (we use a lot). The cup is not, however, my main concern.
What is the point of having a Senior Discount if it does not apply to any order, and to orders across the board, regardless of the application of a coupon. Seems [censored]rdly, and a petty device for BK to avoid the Senior Discount. So if a young person uses a coupon, they pay the same price as I do, despite my seniority? That defeats the Senior Discount.
Is it true that BK will not honor the Senior Discount in conjunction with a pre-printed coupon? If true, should not BK re-examine that policy. Do your managers not have business cards?

Ma
Aug 13, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      13th of Aug, 2018

does seem odd that a senior discount isn't for use when a coupon is used
    personally I cant think any valid reason for that logic
    as for the manager having some business card I don't know

• Su
      13th of Aug, 2018

You can't double-dip with coupons and discounts! As a senior, you should have that figured out by now! And, the whole point of a senior discount is NOT to ensure that you pay less than someone younger than you. That doesn't even make sense and sounds vindictive. Senior discounts are leftover from an era where seniors weren't as well off as younger people. That is not even the case anymore. Senior discounts is an outdated thing. BE GRATEFUL you are offered anything!