Burger King / rude cashier

1 north prospectChampaign, IL, United States Review updated:

I went to BK in Champaign Illinois for lunch today and determined not to go there again. I ordered cheesy tots and the menu above the counter said it was $1.50. But a this black cashier told me my total was &1.84. So I asked her why it was so high when it cosed only $1.50. She said it was tax. 34cents tax for $1.50 item. Are you kidding me? so I asked how much was it without tax. she said $1.50. When I checked the receipt. it was $1.70. So I told that menu said it i was $1.50. This person still told me it was tax. I tried to show it was not what the menu said. However she had no ears to listen to me and the last thing she said was, ' you are holding up my line, have a nice day." and ignored me. What a customer service! what a low quality this person was.! BK needs to make sure they hire somebody who can read the number at least... I tried to contact the corporate, however they did not have complaint form nor e-mail address for customers to send our comment. This proves they don't care about us and it doesn't matter what kind of service each store is providing to customers.

I will not go to BK again and I am fully planning to tell all of my friends how terrible their service is.

Sa

Comments

• J
      20th of Jun, 2008

Cashier was rude to my child who wanted honey mustard sauce. She said that since my child did not order chicken tenders; she would be charged $.22 per sauce. My child order a chicken tender sandwich meal. I ask since when did Burger King charge for sauce, she stated since yesterday. I have been going to Burger Kings for many years. For years BK was the only place my child would eat. Because this cashier was so rude to my child and myself, we will not be back. She wanted to argue and shout across the store even after we sat back down. The restaurant was dirty. BK let a $.22 sauce cost them four customers. We spent $23.00 in there tonight, this will be the last dollar BK will see from me.

25th of Jul, 2008

It's not the cashier's fault that many fast food joints start charging for extra condiments and sauces. I hate customers who decide someone was "rude" just for doing their jobs.

• Ra
      14th of Aug, 2008

thats a fact . i agree with u . happened with me as well. was somewhat kind of same

• To
      14th of Aug, 2008

You are whinny little ###, keep in mind that you went into a fast food restaurant. Happened to be BK but they are all relatively the same. They have a young, or non American, staff that is under paid. And pissed off because they are serving whinny ###s that want high quality service for $.99. When in fact you get what you pay for, ### service and fattening food. Now I not saying never eat fast food, even though the service is ### and the food is fattening. I am just saying be aware that is what you get at most fast food joints. So DO NOT go online and act like a WHINNY LITTLE ### about it.

• J
      1st of Sep, 2008

you're a ###

• Ka
      6th of Mar, 2009

I'm offended that you felt it necessary to point out that the cashier was black. Why is it necessary to point out her race? I understand that it is frustrating to be charged more than what the menu says, but when it's a matter of 20 cents, sometimes you have to just let it go, especially when you are holding up a line of customers. I guess I think it's best to pick your battles.

28th of Oct, 2010

I agree. Why point out that she is black?? The corporate downloads the computer from their home offices. It is up to the management to change the menu board prices. The cashier was only ringing in your order and the price had been downloaded into tha POS system. Blame management not the cashier and move along. You are holding up stupid complaints with a stupid complaint.