Buffalo Wild Wingsbuffalo wild wings - awful customer service

Recently, a few friends and I had decided to go out to our local Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant for our friend's 21st birthday. We thought this would be a great place for us to get some food and drinks. We had all been there multiple times before and had no complaints. The night we decided to go there were a few different events going on- game, UFC, etc. We knew the restaurant would be busy and expected a longer wait for our party of 10. Half of our party arrived and put their information on the wait list and were told the wait would be 30 minutes, we thought this was reasonable and decided to wait. Later on, the rest of our party showed up, hoping for all of us to be seated shortly after their arrival. Half an hour went by and we were not seated. We asked the host how much longer they thought it would be and were quoted another hour wait. We wanted to stay as this was one of the only places that everyone agreed on. Our wait continued, an hour went by and frustrations were running high. Once the hour had gone by and it seemed as though nothing would be done about it (and after receiving rude remarks and attitude from the host/hostess) we asked for the manager. He came over to us and I decided to speak for all of us and let him know how frustrated we were that we had originally been told the wait would be half an hour, then an hour, and now 2 hours by the time I spoke with him.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Leominster, MA I complained about the awful host and hostess who continuously gave us attitude when we asked how much longer the wait could be, the fact that he had been told by his staff that we were "###" but did not come over and ask us what is going on how he can help. Instead of assuring us that we would be seated soon or he is sorry for the inconvenience, he dismissed my frustrations by stating that we were never told our wait would be 30 minutes, that he cannot seat a party of 10 on a busy night and said the following "What do you want me to do, tell people to finish their food and to get up and leave?". I attempted to explain to him what had happened and was continuously interrupted by him with my complaints dismissed by excuses as to why his staff was frustrated. The bottom line is... I don't care how frustrated or mad you or your staff gets, there is NO excuse for awful customer service or an attitude when we ask how long the wait could be. Yes, frustrations run high when you have hungry customers waiting to eat and asking how long it could be, but attitude and continuous glares and rude remarks are not acceptable from a restaurant. We left with the manager's card and the promise that we would all make complaints to corporate and he had no words for that. I will never go to this Buffalo Wild Wings location after experiencing such awful service, and without even being seated yet! The only way I will go to another Buffalo Wild Wings is at a different location with friendly staff!

Comments

• Ry
      Apr 21, 2012

Buffalo wild wings has awwwwful customer service. I'm a sales rep for a phone company, if I treated my consumers like this, I'd be out of a job! I've seen them react just as rudely here in Lima, Ohio. Me and my fiance` went in once, a waitress named Tabitha kept looking at me funny after she seated us. She asked us what we wanted to order, then she walked two booths behind us where the register is and said: "That guy is FINE as hell! He has a nice ###!" to one of her female coworkers and they giggled. They said it fairly loudly as well, so we could hear it. My fiance` wasn't tickled at all about the comment, and of course, did not tip her. Next time we went in, we had a different server who seemed polite at first, but as soon as we were seated, Tabitha came back around and told her "They never tip, they are awful customers, like, don't even worry about them." Again, loud enough for both of us to hear. Well again, we never confronted the girl on the comments (we don't like to cause a scene or even report people for immature comments, I guess we're not too confrontational), and again, we didn't tip (for the obvious). So we go again, I'm still in part of my BDU's after drill(I'm in the Army National Guard) and we sit down in the bar section this time hoping for a different server all together. Well, I am 27 years old, my fiance is 20 (just shy of 21) and I get up to go to the restroom. After I left for the restroom, the server who was friends with Tabitha that we had last time decided to walk up to my fiance` and say: "Are you 21? You can't sit here if you aren't 21." My fiance` replied with: "No, but my boyfriend is 27, and he's a veteran, so... what's the issue? He's in the bathroom." Tabitha's server friend replied "Well, you're going to have to move. You can't sit here." My fiance replies with: "He'll be back soon." She (the server snaps back) "Good for your army hero. Seriously. Get up and move, or I'll have to ask you to leave." She moved. I came back, shocked we were asked to move. I then finally confront the manager. The manager, who is one of my customers at our mobile phone store, corrects the problem and lets us sit back in the bar. So then our server comes back, being a smartass, making underlying comments about my uniform with comments like "Nice getup there." Before I moved to Lima, Ohio, I lived in Findlay, Ohio, and again, I was always judged by my services by the way I dressed, and if I dressed up in a tie, or in uniform, I was unprofessionally talked about loud enough to hear it. I understand the waitresses in Findlay were terrible, rude, and obnoxious and full of gossip, but the fact that it's like this in Lima as well? And I'm reading nothing but reviews about similiar problems? If I were someone in corporate, I'd be getting to the bottom of this. I think it would be a fantastic idea if more people took surveys on these waitresses. Buffalo Wild Wings needs to monitor their 'servers' better. The economy is awful, and not every person can afford to tip every time they go out. That is no reason to degrade and talk poorly of them, especially when the customer is being polite towards you.
    In short: BW's, get your acts together, with other local resteraunts opening up that offer just as good of food, and far superior service, you'd better stop hiring employees just because they are young, female, and attractive. You should hire someone because they are good at their trade, not because they are good looking. You're going to run off all of your customers the more you hire in gynocentric and selfish waitresses. Enough said.

• Co
      Apr 21, 2012

I cannot believe they made you and your fiancé move and even had the gall to make comments about your uniform. At least you know they are unprofessional, immature, rude waitresses.

• Dw
      Jan 28, 2013

On the evening of Friday Jan 25, 2013, my son and his teammates gathered at the Wolfchase (Memphis, TN) location immediately following their basketball game to celebrate a great WIN. They were accompanied by 2-3 adults. After being seated, a Caucasian male waiter approached their table and stated he would need a credit card from someone at the table prior to taking orders because he “didn’t want them to walk out on him without paying and he had a family to feed.” Surprised at his statement, the team inquired further about this policy that was not posted publicly for customers. Within a few minutes of questioning the first waiter, a Caucasian female waiter appeared at the table and reiterated the unposted policy that she said was established by local management. The team requested to speak to a manager. After several minutes of waiting for the manager who never showed up, the team decided to leave without placing an order. A night that should have been a special evening for the team, turned out to be one they wish would never happen again. Businesses have the right to institute reasonable regulations that are rationally related to the services they provide, but most importantly, they must apply their policies equally to all patrons.

I contacted Amanda (manager) on Jan 26 and expressed my concerns of this negative experience. She extended an apology and suggested that she investigate the matter to “hear both sides of the story.” I have not heard back from Amanda after more than 24 hours. I assume her investigation is still in progress. I am looking forward to hearing the other side of the story and hopefully resolving this issue in an effort to allow me and my family to continue enjoying what we know can be a good experience at BWW.

• Ho
      Apr 22, 2013

Idk what the law is in Ohio, but in Indiana, if you are not 21, you CANNOT sit in a bar. Doesn't matter who you are with; under 21= no bars. Also, a "bad economy" is NOT an excuse for not tipping someone.