Buds Gun Shop — Possible fraud?
Ordered a taurus 845 that was advertised on budsgunshop.com as "factory new. " the pistol was promptly shipped, and was sent in its taurus box with all the proper papers and accessories. Upon receiving at my ffl i noticed the gun was quite dirty, with powder residue. The ffl agent immediately commented that he thought this was a used gun. I noticed the pistol also had a defective magazine release. Went home and took gun apart to examine closer. Noticed alot more smut and residue than should be in a "factory new" pistol that supposedly has only been test fired 12 times. Based on my experience this gun had several hundred rounds through it. Also noticed scrapes in the slide, divots in the metal in the slide rails. Went ahead and cleaned it, went to range and fired a few boxes of quality ammo. Had constant failures to feed. Called up taurus, the rep was helpful and informed me the gun had been sold by them to the gun dealer in 3 / 09. That meant this gun had been laying around? Used as a range gun? Used as a demo? For 8 months before i bought it. Taurus was very good about taking the gun back and are currently deciding to repair or just send me a new replacement. I cannot confirm, because there is no way to do so, but i strongly suspect this gun was used as a range gun or demo for 8 months, hastily wiped off and shipped to me as a "factory new" pistol. Based on this i would hesitate for anyone to buy a gun from budsgunshop.com if you cannot inspect it first. Unlike davidsons, buds does not offer a replacement guarantee, you have to use the manufacturers warranty. This means i will be without my "factory new" pistol until taurus takes care of it. Budsgunshop.com is highly suspect for selling used as new in my experience.
More Buds Gun Shop Complaints & Reviews
- Buds Gunshop - Unethical Business Practices 
- Buds Gun Shop - Layaway scam 
- Buds Gun Shop - Fishy activity 
- Buds Gun Shop - Credit Card Fraud 
- Buds Gun Shop - Rude service and deceptive business practices 
- Buds Gun Shop - False advertising 
- Buds Gun Shop - budsgunshop.com 
- BudsGunShop.com - Breach of 90day layaway contact
- Buds Gun Shop / 1100 Barrel - Barrel defective they refused to return
- Buds Guns Shop - Out of stock when said it was in stock