Having problems with Botach?

Botach reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 2, 2007. The latest review Customer Service was posted on Mar 30, 2021. The latest complaint poor service/support was resolved on Feb 01, 2013. Botach has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 29 reviews. Botach has resolved 13 complaints.

Botach Customer Service Contacts

+1 702 666 8680 (Customer Service)
+1 702 703 5455 (Sales & Expert Advice)
+1 786 282 8680 (GSA Sales ONLY)
4775 W Harmon Ave.
SatClosed
SunClosed

Botach Complaints & Reviews

BotachCustomer Service

I purchased the Bravo Conversion Kit earlier this month. It arrived about a week later then took me a few days to make it to the range to test it out. Turns out the part is defective and not working correctly.

Since it was a couple days past their stupid 15-day exchange or return policy, they refused to help me in any way. The only way they communicate is email, their phone numbers listed do not work.

So they sold me a defective part for over $200., and refused to help me exchange it simply because it a couple days past 15. Wouldn't an exception to this policy be somewhat warranted for me?

Well I should have read the reviews on this outfit before now, as I see now that many of us are getting ripped off. Thanks a lot Botach, or Bocrap.

BotachMisleading sales tactic...

When I originally made the first order on may 7th the ad said in stock, ordered one ballistic plate. Order was confirmed immediately. The following week I checked the status, it said awaiting processing. The ad still said in stock so I placed another order for an identical ballistic plate. I checked the status of both the following day. The 1st still said awaiting processing the 2nd said awaiting fulfillment. I thought that's was strange so I went back to double check and the ad still said in stock which it clearly wasn't. There has been no change of either plate status since I made the orders. Nor have they answered my emails. It wrong to mislead people into thinking you have it in stock if it's not and it really bothers me that they have no problem taking the money immediately. Further more to add to the aggravation they send me email after email trying to get me to buy more from them when they can't communicate with their customers about exsisting outstanding orders.

Botach Tactical — ballistic helmet

This company is unscrupulous and packed full of liars. There is a guy named Ryan who purports to be in...

Botach Tactical — poor service/support

Submitted order for rifle mags including 5 of a particular type in December 2012. Got a partial order filled...

Botach TacticalBad Business Practices

I ordered 3 magazines for my colt rifle from botachtactical.com. The site said they were in stock, but I got an email saying they were back ordered. After I canceled the order, I went back to their site to find they were in stock, but they had jacked up the price. When I emailed about it, I never got a response. They totally blew me off to try to get more money from someone else. They have lost this business and all future business I would have given them. I wish I had seen all the bad commits about Botach before I placed the order. Botach has very business practices.

• Wi
          Will from Michigan Jul 20, 2014

They charged y credit card for 3 magazines back in Jun 21 of 2014. They won't ship the magazines, won't follow up on MY REPEATED CALLS, and keep making excuses or basically lying to me about why they won't ship my product.

They are also playing games with the sipping info by adding bogus shipping info.

Order #64187 Order Date: 21st Jun 2014

• Ha
          hawaiianwarrior Apr 12, 2011

oops got the url wrong

• Ha
          hawaiianwarrior Apr 12, 2011

I've heard of a scam familiar to this one. But this time, the buyer thought she purchased two cellphones from ebay and ends up receiving photos only. The case was on Judge Judy:

botachhater Apr 07, 2011

please do not buy anything from these people. they advertised a knife they didnt have in stock and caused me to miss a collectable knife that i could have purchased from another dealer. they didnt answer my calls or emails. BEWARE!!!

• Ry
          Rynosaur Nov 02, 2010

DO NOT ORDER From Botach Tactical. I ordered a BDU jacket over a month and a half ago. I have sent them repeated messages for a tracking number, but they will not respond to me. I have not received my item, and I will never order from their company again!!!

• Ur
          Ursula Jan 30, 2009

Botach Tactical has great stuff for a fair price. Shipping is always quick and the communication following the order is helpful.

Botach TacticalBotach Tactical Worst Experience Of My Life!!!

I paid $2, 500 for a gun that cost $1, 400 a week ago & I never heard a word from them despite multiple e-mails, voice mails & they never answered the phone or returned a phone call. I went 6 days with no response from them emailing & calling them every day. All I wanted from them was to respond & let me know if they had the gun in stock & if they got the fax from my FFL. While I was waiting for a response from the I kept an eye on there feedback because they already has 50 negative feedback and I seen multiple people leave negative feedback saying they did not get there rifle or botach tactical never responded. I contacted one of them & he said he filed credit card fraud to get his money back because botach never responded to him either. I asked him how long has he been waiting for botach to respond & he said 2 weeks. Since then there has been several more people leave negative reviews on gunbroker that they have not got there riffles either & botach would not respond to them. Botach is the worst company I have dealt with & I did not know they had almost 300 BBB complaints in the last 3 years alone & only 20 out of the 70+ this year were resolved!! Botach is selling on gunbroker with the handle "bkb3423"!!! I will pay somebody $2, 500 to kick me in the balls before I deal with that AHOLE!!!

Botach Tactical — Do Not do business with this company

Nine weeks ago I ordered three items totaling over $200 from this company. The two small items were received...

Botach Tactical — Beware

I have a lot of experience with botach tactical because i used to work there. They dont care about the...

Botach TacticalDon't use Botach Tectical - You'll never get your order...Ever

I ordered a pair of magazines for my pistol and was told it would arrive in around 2 weeks. It never showed up so I contacted them and was told it was now back ordered and would be another month. That month passed and still nothing. Contacted them again and was told it would be another month. Never came. Contacted them again and they said it would be 2 weeks. Another month later... nothing. I finally contacted them today and they said they had no idea when they would get it. I cancelled my order. Don't buy from Botach.

Botachpoor service

buy from this site at your own risk! I ordered 2 items from them on 19 Jan 2011. when I would go online to check the status of the order, it would only say "ready to ship". a week later I get an email from them saying that one of the items is back ordered, so I call them and tell them to send what they have and send the rest when it comes in. In the mean time they charged my credit card and then refunded the money ( over $80.00). they sent me an email stating that so I called them and pd for the items again. They said that they would ship it right out. well they didn't. to make a long story short, they claimed that they never got the money (even though I gave them an authorization number along with the time that the charge went through that I got from my credit card co) As of today after just being on the phone with them AND my credit card company who told the bonehead from botach that the money WAS pd to them, he STILL argued with them. I told them to cancel the whole damn order and give me my $ back. We'll see what happens. IF YOU ORDER FROM THESE CROOKS DO NOT BE SURPRISED IF YOU GET SCREWED.

• Pi
                pirate171552 Feb 10, 2011

I agree, I do not know how they stay in business. We can only hope that at some point they will go out of business.

• Un
                unhappy-camper Feb 10, 2011

i ordered a trench hawk on 12/06/10, it is now 02/10/11 and i still have not received my item. it took me two weeks and 5 e-mails to finally get a reply from customer service, then i was told it was on back order. then they kept d*ckin me around saying it would be in stock in about a week. they used that excuse on me for 7 weeks in a row. the botach company is ran by 14 year old kids, thats the feeling i get when i talk to customer service. BOTACH IS A SCAM!!! (im pretty sure they charged my card twice) botach = rip off

• Nearly the same thing happened to me on 9 February with a little kinder twist although the same negative results. It's a shame the first order was the death knell for future dealings with them. I ordered items on 4 February 2011, they put a hold on the funds on my cc immediately, one, two, three, four, five...days later. Still no update online nor did I receive an email stating there was a delay or it was in process. I called, no call back, emailed, no email back so I chatted online and told them to cancel they asked why and I told them I wasn't comfortable with the process so far and that I was hoping to get it by this weekend for a match. They've just experienced the first and the last order from me. Sad though...I spoke with them at the shot show and they seemed pretty eager to get my business. Since I also order for several other individuals they've potentially lost a couple of grand in business this year. Oh well...Midway USA here I come!

• El
                El Tee Sep 24, 2010

I recently ordered a Cold Steel knife from Botach. When I received the knife, I didn't feel it was what I ordered. I contacted Botach customer service by e-mail and received a reply the next day. Apparently Cold Steel knives had 'updated' that model in 2010 and I'd been sent the new 2010 model when I thought I had ordered the discontinued 2009 model. Mike at Botach offered to look into it for me at the warehouse. He contacted me the next day and said he'd located a 2009 model knife and offered to exchange my knife or give me a refund. I opted to trade and he sent me a new in the box 2009 discontinued Cold Steel knife.
                My experience with Botach's customer service representative, Mike, was very positive and in my opinion, he went above and beyond to make sure I was a satisfied customer.

Botach TacticalNightmare

I wish to god I had googled this company before ordering $600 worth of flashlights. Spoke to them 3 weeks before XMAS, ordered a few expensive lights for some cop friends for XMAS. I was told all was in stock and would ship shortly. My card was charged immediately, I thought no big deal and waited a couple weeks for the tracking number after repeated phone calls and emails. Four days before XMAS I get an email saying nothing is in stock and it would be another 4 weeks. I was so pissed I said screw it and ordered from someone else, and got my order in 3 days. Stay FAR, FAR, away from this this company. You wont't get an honest answer.

botachbadbusiness Feb 01, 2013

I hope more people google botach tactical before doing business with them they are liars & have no honor in their business practices.

I have a invoice where I ordered 6 pmags before the panic buying at $12 a piece & was promised they would honor the price but when they came in stock I was told they were only shipping me 2 mags at the promised price & that they were putting a cap on the mags of 2 per customer even though I ordered mine before the panic buying.

Well now I know why they only wanted to give me 2 mags at the agreed upon price of $12 & they have no cap of 2 mags per customer because they jacked the prices of pmags up to $45 a piece with no cap on quantity they just screwed me out of my order with a lie so they didn't have to honor the $12 price I was locked into so avoid botach or at least google their business practices they are the worst.

botachbadbusiness Feb 01, 2013

Botach tactical is the worst company I've ever dealt with while other companies go out of their way to take care of their customers & will honor their written promises botach figures what's another lost customer in the scheme of things.

They wrote me & spoke to me that my 6 mags ordered in early december of 2012 would be honored at the locked in price of $12 & despite multiple emails saying not to worry that I would get my order at the promised & locked in price.

Well when they finally got their shipment of pmags they decided to only allow me to have 2 of them & I have multiple emails & invoices saying that I would get the 6 at $12 and they lied & said they are only shipping out 2 to every customer regardless of their promise.

Well they have jacked their prices up to $45 a mag & you can order as many as you want so they found a way to rip me off on the 6 mags at $12 I was locked into before the school shooting & panic buying which tells a lot about botach tactical.

I wouldn't spend another dime with them if they were the cheapest in town & I hope other gun owners take notice of a company that flat out lied to me in writing with false promises just so they could save a couple hundred bucks & screw me out of my locked in price.

Roll the dice with them if you must but I was forewarned that botach was a horrible company to do business with & that they don't mind losing a few customers due to their lying & stealing I guess that's what happens with a company based in los angeles I should have known better.

Botach TacticalLousy customer service

I am in Afghanistan and ordered an item I needed from Botach Tactical because they promised fast shipping and had the lowest price I could find for the product. I received e-mail confirmation of my order and waited. One month later the product still had not arrived. I started e-mailing and asking for information on my order---No response. I started calling the number provided on their website---No answer, straight to voice mail.

I eventually got an e-mail from Sonya stating that the item was on backorder and that they expected it to ship "soon". I immediately replied and had them cancel my order. I ordered the same item from another company for $20 more but actually had the item in a little over a week. Bottom line--If this company does not have the integrity to communicate with their customers and let them know a product they ordered is on backorder and may take some time to arrive, or if they don't even answer their phones or reply in a reasonable amount of time to customers e-mails, then they won't get my business. If you are smart they won't get yours either.

Botach TacticalFraud

I ordered from Botach in July, 2010. I received an e-mail on July 29, 2010 from Sonia stating that they had some items on backorder, and would I be willing to wait 2-3 weeks for my order to be fulfilled. I wrote back a few days later and told her that I would wait 3 weeks, but if not fulfilled at that time to cancel my order. Sonia wrote back and verified that she had received my response. I received a partial shipment against my instructions on August 10. I wrote Sonia and complained about this. She indicated that the other items were on backorder and would take 6-8 weeks from my order date to receive them. It is now 10 weeks, and I have absolutely no word on whether, or if, the back items will be shipped.

I have never had this kind of experience with an internet seller, and I routinely purchase items through the internet. I hope anyone that considers ordering from Botach read this first and does not waste their time with this company. I am filing a complaint with my credit card company today, and recommend anyone who has been defrauded by these people to do exactly the same. Concerted action is probably the only way to stop these types of bogus companies from conducting their schemes. This company operates out of California, and I am further following up with a complaint to the Attorney General's Office: http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL. I hope others do the same!

• Valerie Jun 06, 2008

I work for a police department and have been lured into ordering by their super sale prices. Many officers have also tried to order from them. Here's the scoop. They will accept the order online, you will get a confirmation e-mail, if you are lucky and what you ordered is in the 2% of what they stock, you will get it in a month. If it is backordered, you will never know because they will never let you know. I have never been so angry at an online company. Also do a search for " Efraim Botach" and you will see what shady deals the family has done ripping of the US gov't. Old man Botach will try to distance himself from Efraim, his nephew who worked for him, but the news says the tax ID and PO Box were Botach.

Botach Tactical — Had Positive Experience Contrary to Negative Reviews

I placed an order with Botach Tactical a few weeks ago. Given the fact that I had a very positive experience...

Botach TacticalBad Experience? Please Read

Scam - a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, esp. for making a quick profit; swindle.

Most people know the definition of the word scam, or use it because they don't educate themselves on the true infrastructure of the business.

We deal with hundreds of government contracts a day. LAPD, FBI, Secret Service, and ATF are just a few of the branches of law enforcement and military who come in and out of our offices on a daily basis. Our customer service may not be as efficient as it should be, but one thing to understand is that we are a legitmate, high volume company that offers tremendous value that won't be found anywhere else.

My name is Mike and I want to help you. If you've had a bad experience or are apprehensive about future business, please contact me: [protected]@botach.com 'ATTN: MIKE' in the subject line. You can also call me at [protected] (If you don't leave a voicemail, I won't know you called). I can't promise we'll have the items you need in stock, but I can promise you'll get a prompt response and a very clear understanding of what's going on with your order.

I can apologize for the past all day and there are boards like this which call for it. We are working very hard to correct these problems so let's look forward and make sure you receive the items that you want!

Botach Tactical Aug 31, 2010

Dpnthesouth -

I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with our company, but how about calling the LAPD, County Sheriff, Secret Service, DEA, FBI, ATR, or various military stations across the country before declaring us a disservice to Law Enforcement and Military and calling us a 'scam'? It's a pretty good bet that they wouldn't agree with your assessment. Generally, it's a good idea to properly educate yourself before slandering and attempting to blacklist a company, because you apparently don't have a grasp on our company.

I'm sorry if you had a bad experience and, while I can sense it's a mute point, I would like to try and rectify the situation. Please email me at [email protected] and brief me on your situation. Even if you won't do business with us again, knowing what could make somebody as upset and reactionary as you are could help us take preventative steps to avoid a repeat. Believe it or not, we are working on becoming more efficient, so please give me some CONSTRUCTIVE feedback that we can help to make everything better.

Mike

• Dp
                        dpntheSouth Aug 31, 2010

Just read the rest of the complaints... I especially like how they scam cops and US SERVICE MEMBERS! (Cops I understand. Nobody like them) I work in a very large tactical community. I just sent emails to all of my contacts with a warning NEVER to do business with this company...Absolutely the worst company I've EVER dealt with...

Botach TacticalBad customer service

I have been shopping with Botach for years and recently having more issues along with others. I understand companies make mistakes but after a week I ask where my order was they stated it was being processed I ask to add more items and then I get another email from another person. In all it has been over a 1 1/2 weeks 10 emails and my order still hasn't been placed because they were out of one item. Everytime they sent email I would respond ASAP and almost 36 hours would pass before a reply. I got fed up and contacted them. After fixing the issues I asked if they could overnight and they stated no only 3 day even though I explained I needed the items this week. This day an age the fact they are willing to lose a customer who has spent thousands with them and referred people over the cost of overnight is very sad. Shame on you Botach! Also the CS rep said hold on she was going to talk to management I sat there for 25 minutes finally said forget it...

• Eh
                          E.Hdez Jan 17, 2013

Company fails to take calls from customers, neither contacts customer via "Live Chat" . VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & BISINESS PRACTICES.

BotachTactical Aug 17, 2010

Hello, my name is Dan and I am a rep at Botach Tactical.

I am sorry to hear you did not have a satisfactory order experience.

If you could be so kind to email me direct, [email protected] providing your order number and name, etc

I will be glad to assist you

-Dan

botachtactical.comWorst Company Ever

Not sure how else to put it. Worst experience I think I've ever had with any company. Not like it was a one time thing either. Just TRY to get a hold of them. They will NOT answer their phone and they will NOT call you back like their voicemail indicates. TRY to email them. You MAY get a response filled with hollow promises. Just don't expect a response within 72 hours. More like 2-3 weeks to reply to your emails. That's just how they do business.
                        My experience with them? I ordered some things and was charged immeiately. Only part of order shipped even though they claimed all of it shipped. After hounding them on the phone and email for about 1 month I got a response via email stating that the item was on backorder and that I could cancel and get refuned if I wanted. I chose the refund option and cancelled the backordered item. After not seeing the refund for 2-3 weeks and hounding them again for some sort of reason why there was no refund, I then get the item in the mail that I had cancelled. I figured, okay, there is no way I'm going to mail this back now because then I'll be out the money and the product. Then about 1 month later I get a call from their customer service. They claim that they already shipped the product and that this one I just received was an accidental duplicate shipment. I explained how they were wrong, (only took 10 minutes for her to understand. geez...) and that I asked for a refund. She said she would mail me the return form and ended the call. Yeah, right. Its been about 2 months and haven't seen anything.

I also tried to contact this 'Dan' guy that hangs out on the forums and tries to put out Anti-Botachtactical fires that pop up everywhere. He claims he will fix things. Guess what, he didn't bother to reply to me. Botachtactical.com is the worst.

DO NOT BE LURED INTO BUYING FROM BOTACHTACTICAL.COM BECAUSE OF THE LOW PRICES!!! NOT WORTH THE AWFUL EXPERIENCE TO SAVE A LITTLE MONEY.

• Pa
                            Pamela R Jul 22, 2010

I made an order in April and after no response a month later I inquired about the status. BotachTactical stated the order was on backorder. I waited an additional month and on June 22 I sent an email requesting they cancel my order. On June 23, I received verification that they had cancelled my order. Then on July 19th a package was on my doorstep from UPS. It was my order I cancelled a month ago! It was after hours for the company so I left a message and I emailed them. THey charged my cc $305! I called the following morning and complained stating this was confirmed cancelled and they said I had to ship back the product and wouldn't get my refund until received. They were rude and asked why didn't I just refuse it when it came? I stated I was wasn't home when it came, and why did they send an order that was cancelled and charged my cc? They didn't care at all and said to send it back and once received I would get my money back. They didn't apologize and treated me like I was bothering them. Is it illegal for them to charge my cc after I received confirmation order was cancelled??

• C1
                            C130FlightEngineer Jun 15, 2010

wow sorry to hear that... I have used them a ton and got great deals and no issues...

Botach TacticalStill scamming customers

A few weeks ago, I ordered a pair of duty boots through their new website, botachdefense.com. Within a few days, I received a shipping notification. So far, so good. So I go to their website a day or two later to see if they had added the UPS tracking number - after all, the link on their homepage says "Track order". The order page simply said that my order had shipped or "had reached the final stages of processing". Well, which is it?

So I emailed customer service twice, and received no response. After my third email, they emailed me back and told me that the boots were being shipped from the manufacturer and they had just sent the order over. In other words, they are using a dropshipper (and it's not the manufacturer, Rocky, so that was an outright lie).

A few more weeks go by, and despite my repeated emails asking for a UPS tracking number from their dropshipper, most of my emails go unanswered. The one email that "Dan" responded to was simply to tell me to wait another week and then he could help me with finding my order.

I wait a few more days, send two more emails and get ignored. I finally filed a complaint with the BBB and sent Botach an email threatening to file a complaint with the FTC. Suddenly, Dan from Botach is readily available to help me with my issues and claims that there was a delay in processing my order which he amazingly just discovered this morning. So, in other words, they took my money with no intention of sending my merchandise, and sent me fake shipping confirmations to try and cover it up.

I've asked that they simply refund my money so I can buy from a reputable company. They have agreed to refund my money but it remains to be seen if they will actually issue the refund.

Botach Tactical and Botach Defense are thieves and should be prosecuted. I'd file the charges myself if my DA would extradite them from CA.

BotachTactical Jul 07, 2010

Hello ComplaintsBorard.com community,

My name is Dan and I am a rep at BotachTactical

To all those who have had satisfactory and smooth orders, we thank you for your positive feedback.

For those who have unresolved order issues, or general questions, I will be glad to field all customer service related concerns at the following email:

[email protected]

I encourage everyone to contact me. No email will go unanswered!

Botach TacticalWorst experience ever

I really wish that I had read a review about this company before I had ever ordered from them... If I did I would have seen that last sentence a hundred times I am sure.

Well here is the story. I found a Camelbak Tri-Zip for a really great price on their website. So I went ahead and ordered it with the expensive 2nd day air, because I needed it within 4 days, so I though that would be a smart bet for it to arrive on time.

Well I get the confirmation email sent quickly with my order number, tracking, a phone number, etc. So everything looks set, nothing is back ordered and it seemed to have processed rather quickly.

Well 3 days go by nothing in the mail yet. I am really busy in my daily life so I think nothing of it. 4 days go by no package. So I get frustrated and decide to check my tracking number maybe I wasn't home when UPS tried delivering it. Nope the tracking number is not in their system. So I call botach, no answer not even a voice mail...

I call them a couple of hours later and get a woman on the phone. She didn't say her name, and was just lost in the sauce. I gave her my order number and asked her what the basic, where is my order why hasn't it shipped yet, are you out of stock. She puts me on hold then a couple of minutes later tells me that her supervisor will have to call me back, and tried hanging up. I yell no stay on the phone, what the *** is up with my order? She stutters and tells me that my zip code is wrong... I look at my order confirmation and tell her that it shows that my zip code is correct. I've lived at my residence for 15 years... I ask her what the zip says on her computer and she tells me the right zip. Then she asks well I have to get my supervisor to call you. I say well do you have my number, no. I give her my number and she promptly hangs up. Wow I'm getting pissed at this point... Well it's been one week and I have not been able to get in contact with them... When ever I can reach a voice mail, which has only been 2 out of 20 times I leave a nice polite professional message, yet I haven't received a call back.

• Tr
                                tree man Apr 01, 2014

wow ive read about 8 reviews.I was about to place an order for about $800.00.Glad i didnt!!!

BotachTactical Jan 28, 2010

Hi, I have read your post, and I am sorry to hear your order didn't go smoothly with us.

I want you to email me at [email protected]

I will guarantee I will handle this order in the manner you wish, and communicate to you any relevant information.

-Dan

Botach TacticalHow to file a complaint that gets their attention

Go to the California Secretary of state and do a business search. Complain to the Secretary of State in your state and California

Entity Name: BOTACH, INC.
                              Entity Number: C3127897