Budget Rent A Car / fraudulent charge on credit card
While driving a Budget Rental Car we received a citation for not cramping our wheels (a parking violation). This was on 10/16 and payment was due within 30 days. We paid the $47 ticket on11/06.
On 11/25 Budget charged our bank account $119. I called to see what the charge was. Their Customer Serive said it was for an unpaid parking violation. I was told to contact their citations department to rectify the situation. No one has answered their phones for the 2 weeks that I've been trying to reach them. I've left several messages. I faxed proof of payment to their dept. I emailed proof of payment to them. The City of San Diego emailed proof of payment to them. NO RESPONSE from Budget!!
BE VERY WARY OF RENTING FROM THEM as they keep a copy of your debit/credit card on file and evidently charge to it as they please.
I must note that their Customer Service Dept. was friendly, but unable to help me.
More Budget Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Budget Car Rental - hidden charges 
- Budget Truck Rental - horrible customer service! 
- Budget/ car rental - insurance fraud 
- Budget Rental Car - hidden charges for rsn and xmr 
- Budget Car Hire - appalling service 
- Budget Truck Rental - incompetence-confirmed rental. no truck available
- Budget Car Rental - scamming customer
- Budget Rent A Car - mini van car reserved in jan 2018 for march was not honored
- Budget Rent A Car - made car reservation for dec 23 on november 27 didn't happen
- Budget Car Rentals - unethical behaviour