Brylane Home / poor customer service

United States Review updated:
Brylane Home
Found them on a site recommending good discounts on comforters.
Had good prices and pretty good selection, we wanted new comforters for rarely used guest room. Bought total of 3 comforters as well as an 14 piece Iced Tea Serving set.

I recieved emails saying I placed an order, but did not notice until later that no order number was on the order. I called several days later to find out status of my order. I had recieved no further emails nor confirmation that shipping had occurred. My phone call resulted in getting tracking numbers on the things I ordered and later in the day I was able to track them on line.

When the order was recieve 8 days after ordering, the Iced Tea Serving Set was packed simply in a flimsy grey plastic bag and the thin card board box inside contained a very damaged set with the pitcher and many other items damaged. The shipping paperwork stated and a phone call to the number on the pack slip confirmed that I could return damaged product, but I was responsible for shipping and handling costs and to ship the package back would cost me a minimum of $6.50 which was more than I paid for it. The companies policy is such that anything they ship that is not worth returning to them at a cost of $6.50 does not need to be well packaged.

I have learned a hard lesson not to deal with new online merchants without more research. I would never buy from them again and would tell others not to as well.

N  6th of Nov, 2011 by

Brylane Home - Over priced
Brylane Home

Over priced merchandise for the quality of the product. I purchased a bedspread (King size) and it was not as pictured in their catalog. The sides of the bedspread did not reach the floor as if was pictured. I didn't bother to return it, I just wasn't in the mood to deal with it so I kept it and had to use a bed skirt so it didn't look so weird. I decided I would keep an open mind and give them another chance. I ordered an electric blanket that was on sale but it was still very pricey. I started shopping around and found a much better deal at a much higher quality retail store and I ordered 3 blankets that only cost me $40 more than what I paid for one blanket from Brylane Home. I returned the blanket to brylane home. I attempted to write a review and as it turns out, they have to approve what you write before posting it, and they didn't like it that I mentioned what a better deal I found at another retail store. If they stand by their merchandise, they shouldn't censor what customers write on their reviews.
A  6th of Nov, 2011 by
Totally agree!
N  17th of Aug, 2012 by
Brylane Home isn't a new online company. They have been around several years, and are a division of Lane Bryant. I receive there catalogs as well as ordering online, and have never had any problems with them.
A  17th of Jan, 2013 by
I had a really bad experience with this company as well and I would NOT Order from them again. They do not understand the concept of customer service. This is one of those placed that is fine with providing terrible service and they don't care if you order again. This is a one trick pony.

Brylane Home Logo Brylane Home
BrylaneHome, 500 S Mesa Hills Dr.
El Paso