Brookstone / digital photo frame incompatible with xd card!

1 1026 Daisy LaneEast Lansing, MI, United States Review updated:

I got the Brookstone 10 in My Life digital photo frame for Christmas. After several calls and emails I find out this photo frame is supposed to accept xD cards but the company can't tell me which ones are compatible!! The have a list for the smaller frame but not the 10 in. What am I supposed to do just keep buying xD cards till I find one that works?? I am TOTALLY dissatisfied with the company and their lack of awareness about their own product!!

Comments

Br
  1st of Jul, 2008

Alice,

This product is compatible with all types of xD cards excluding M and H. These two styles are not backwards compatible in their architecture and the frame is not able to read them.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to email me.

Ch
  29th of Sep, 2008

I bought the 15" Brookstone digital frame online. I checked out the manual on line and it was a Brookstone manual. The frame that I received was a Smartparts frame with a Smartsparts manual. This frame has different features that the 15" frame listed on the Brookstone website. The resolution ofthe frame that I received is different. The frame that I received does *not* have motion sensors tuening it on/off as listed and accentuated on the Brookstone website. I have filled out product feeedback three time, yet Brookstone fails to list my feedback which complains of descrepancies with the product that I received versus what was described on their website. All they have is *one* glowing feedback from a staff member. That should have sent off the warning bells for me, but I trusted Brookstone. That was my mistake. What is also so irritating is that due to their false claims on their website, I could not identify that the frame they sent me was the same Smartparts frame listed on Amazon.com and CircuitCity.com for over $120 less than the Brookstone price. I though I was getting a Brookstone brand frame with unique features not found on the Smartparts frame that I received or any comparable Pandigital and USA 15" digital frames.
I have three 10" Brookstone frames and two 8" frames. After this expereince with Brookstone and their false advertising and subsequent failure to rectify the incorrect facts in their description of the 15" frame on their website, I won't be getting any more Brookstone frames.

Chrystie

Br
  7th of Jan, 2009

The frame is not compatible with type M or H xD cards. Switch to a type S card and try again.