Brain Host Webhosting / Taking toooo much money, no refund

United States, California, Placerville Review updated:
Candy Tobys-Yeargain
10-26-11 Ordered month to month web hosting for www.smartover50plan.com Transaction#[protected]/$44.90
I could only afford website on month to month basis. I wanted more information about what was available after website did well, so I spoke to a Chat guy that charged my account for items I asked about and not for.

I called once I received email of total $407 charged, 10-28-11, spoke to Nick, who stated that all extra money would be refunded except for $44.90 of original order. Transaction#[protected]/$357.58

10-31-11 called again because my account was overdrawn. Kyym told me that $322 was being refunded in addition to the $61 of extras, but it would take 3-5 days.

11-2-11 checked balance on my account, not only was there NO refund, I was charged an additional $407. A man named Guy put in an Emergency Ticket. He apologized repeatedly, but at that point, the anger and disgust for company was too great. Transaction#[protected]/$407.95

11-2-11 spoke to young woman who's name was not stated, her comment was the charge did not go through, then hung-up.

I have three charges against my checking account that total $810.43. This company has no intention on attempting to refund the money at this point.

N  3rd of Nov, 2011 by
Hello Candy,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with your account. I have forwarded your message to the head of our support department so she can take care of this issue for you.

Brain Host Customer Support
support [at] brainhost.com
D  3rd of Nov, 2011 by
An Up-Date:

Billy at Brain Host Web-hosting just emailed me with news of refunding additional $417.90 to close account. However, $70.73 is still not refunded and I now have $136 of overdraft charges the bank will not erase.

Other avenues people have emailed me about are "The US Internet Ethics Committee, " "State Attorney Generals Office, " and the "BBB." Also file a small claims suit.
N  4th of May, 2012 by
BrainHost is owned by Vincent Edward Fisher, Mark Warren Jenney, and Victor J. Bierman III. They have been involved in a number of schemes and a number of law suits over the last few years.

127 Complaints 71 Comments $646, 892 Total Reported Damages