BP Gas Station / employee

1 Main st.Gardner, MA, United States Review updated:

I recently stopped for gas at the BP gas station in Gardner Ma. as I always do I am one of your loyal customers. The station that I stop at has a gas attendent on duty at various times this is one of the reasons i go here because i don't like to pump my own gas i'm 52 years old and I guess you could say that i'm from the old school where gas stations had people attending to there customers. I recently went to this gas station on Dec.4 at about 2:45p.m. which was a Saturday afternoon. There it was the sign that said there was no attendent on duty well I had to get gas so i pulled up to the pump and got out to go into the store to pay and pump my own gas. I went into the store and i said to the person working behind the counter (which is normally the man who pumps the gas) that I don't understand why they don't have a attendent on duty to pump gas on the weekend when this is there busiest time. The gentleman behind the counter flew into a rage saying he works his ### off all week and it is cold out and he was giving himself a break and if i didn't like it i could go somewhere else. Well i had already paid for my gas so I asked for my money back and he did so and when he returned my money to me and told me never to come back again. I was a very loyal customer well all the problems were going on with the gas spill but i won't be anymore. Employee's like this are just going to hurt your business even further and what a shame this is. This employee should be teminated at once this show of disrespect to a loyal customer plus swearing to a elderly customer is uncalled for shame on him. Thank-You Loreen Amadon Gardner Massachusetts.

Comments

• Vb
      11th of Jul, 2009

Have been a patron of BP gas for many years. Went to a different one than usual. On Hywy 280 and Rt 119. near Grey Stone area, had to leave $40.oo with attendent. Told him we didn't know how much the tank would need, just wanted to fill up. Before we could stop it, it ran over and ruined a good pair of shoes and my husband's trousers. Went inside and the attendent, told us indignantly that he set it for $40.00 worth. We usually know when we have enough because the pump automatically stops. This one didn't. We are not wealthy people and don't often purchase an expensive pair of shoes and it is a shame to have these ruined. Have put the trousers outside hoping the odor of the gas will dissapate. With the attitude of the attendent, I can asure you we will not be purchasing BP anymore.

• Bp
      3rd of Dec, 2009

why should it be the employees fault that you did not watch your gas. employees are required to set the pump for the amount that they are given.

• Ke
      2nd of Apr, 2010

if you notice it says on EVERY PUMP IN AMERICA that you are to stay next to your car while pumping this could have prevented it, also there is an emergency stop button...your fault

• Bp
      2nd of Apr, 2010

i completely agree as i said in my earlier post. if you aren't paying attention then it's your fault. don't always rely on a gas pump all the time. use your brain.

• Ba
      5th of Dec, 2010

Plus the guy sounds like he's obviously overworked. I'd probably have snapped on her too, , lol. Besides, it does get cold outside and you sound like you think you're entitled--get real!

• Sh
      7th of Jan, 2011

oh shut up u ###s...idiots...the guy had no right to get upset over that...what kind of a jerk is he-- oh just cuz he 'works' he has a right to harass customers? everyone works- u people are so stupid. Also wanting full service isnt a big deal- some people can't pump their own gas. Yeah it's 2010---the society full of whackos who get angry over anything and defend abusive behavior---heathens...and crazy sick people like the ones here---how you yearn for the old times when people were polite, well mannered and somewhat close to 'normal' not like the times of today with freaks everywhere