Bottom Line Books - Houston, TX / fraudulent sales tactics

Bottom line books
5401 chimney rock rd apt 520
Houston, tx 77081
Phone: [protected] fake phone number (Cell phone number of a woman)
P. O. Box 11014
Des moines, iowa [protected]

Company sells and distributes books ordered on the internet.

I ordered a book "bottom line's power aging", because the company's offer was that if it didn't live up to their hype I could keep the book and would not have to send any money - it didn't and I didn't. If there is any other requirement I was not aware of the company never explained that anywhere; next thing I know they are sending me bills for $35.92, and now they have really aggravated me with their current statement that they are putting me up for collections on that amount.

I have tried to call them but the only number I can find on them is actually a cell phone number belonging to a woman (She told me she has also tried several times to contact them to correct the error, which I think is done purposefully, because so many people call with complaints of their fraudulent sales tactics).

If you have had a similar experience please contact me at my phone number - our strength in numbers may finally get bottom line books to straighten out their act!

Sincerely,

Louis castronovo - [protected]

• azflower's Response, Oct 20, 2018

Bottomline Books - unsolicited books

Va

Comments

• Do
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I ordered books from Bottom Line Health Books. I never received the books. Custer number 525405973

18th of Dec, 2007

I have NEVER heard of 'Bottom Line Health Books', nor have I ever ordered anything from them, - but today I received a box of books with a plain statement that says my mastercard was already charged for $52.85!

NO one in my home ordered anything from this company!
    I now wonder HOW did they get my credit card info?
    There is only a P.O. Box 508 in Des Moines, IA listed - NO phone number or street address listed anywhere on box or statement/enclosures, etc.

If anyone has a recent phone number or address, please send to my email. Thanks!

• Sh
      19th of Dec, 2007

I've ordered books from Bottom Line before and have not had a problem. The only thing they ask if you don't like the book after a 21 day trial period, you do not have to pay, but you still must return the book.

I usually try to not destroy the box when I open it, just in case I have to return the book. I can reuse their box, glue it together as if it has not been opened, and send it through the post office, Return to Sender written on the front over the unopened bill that is still glued to the front of the box.

Try calling them at 1-800-678-5835 Monday through Fri 7am-8pm CST

• Da
      17th of Mar, 2008

I think the people of that company are full of it. I received a book i didnt order, so i just sent it to the post office to return it to them. A week or so later i receive a bill in the mail telling me to pay $35. I refuse to pay for a book i didnt order and i didnt return. They dont answer the calls its their loss not mine. but if anyone has a number that actually works. Please call 631-721-2128 and leave a message and tell me there. I appreciate it.

• Mi
      24th of May, 2008

To return a book, simply address it to:

Bottom Line Books
    P.O. Box 508
    Clarion, IA 50526-0508

I have now sent 2 books back and have each time placed a postal delivery confirmation on the box. which gives me proof they received it.

Best of luck to all!

30th of Jan, 2009

Boy, oh boy, just reading other experiences with this company makes my hair stand on end.
    They sent me the totally wrong book, when I called phone number I got from Googling them, 1 800 678-5835, avery tough lady on line accused me of having ordered the book. She said I had to have clicked on that book in order for it to be sent to me. No way, but the order came with huge selections for other books, one of which was the book I know I clicked on, all for the outrageous price of $47.94, the price billed me for the book I definitely DID NOT click on. She said she would send me a return label, which should arrive within 10 to 14 business days.
    I am senior in poor health, which was why I ordered the book I wanted, BALANCED HEALING, with its clobber cholesterol 67 points in 28 days, what the big drug companies don't want you to know, defeat diabetes with vinegar, macular degeneration reverersed naturally with herbs, and arthritis cured... (the claims weren't quite as outrageous, more plausible, except the clobber cholesterol one. Also, five NEW Bottom Line Reports, superfoods, banish back pain, patients guide to drug, food and herbal interactions, finding the right statin drug, and vision savers from mother nature, were supposed to come with my $47.94 book. I was figuring the price was so high because of the 5 free books. The lousy book they sent Treasury of Health Secrets, has only 3 crummy books I wouldn't trust, not good info anyway. Has anyone else had same experience? I tried to submit complaint to Des Moines Iowa BBB, and they claimed they didn't have any complaints about bottom line books, and they sent complaint I tried to file to Colorado BBB. What's up with the Des Moines BBB? How could they not have heard about this rip off company??
    I will be very curious to see if return label does arrive.
    I did note there was a different address for returns, as given above, on bottom of Invoice for $47.94. The invoice states return within year for a full refund.
    One of their health tips advises aspirin may help relief anger. I'm taking an aspirin right now.

• Ha
    Bottom Line Books - BTOM Yearbook 2017

a/c # 0023681067
    I purchased the book for $39.92. I made two check payments of $9.95 and $19.96. You cashed the checks.
    Why are you billing me for $39.92?

• Pi
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Reiman Books/Bottom Line Books - Received book and bill I did not order. Acct 22022453. I want to return but cannot find labels to return. When u send label I will return.

acct. 22022453. Send return label so I can return book that I did not order. DO NOT send me another bill. Return labels on your website do not work. Refuse to pay for something I did not order.

• Ka
    Bottom Line Books - Received a book I did not order
    Bottomlineinc.com

Very simply, I received the book uncensored medical truth. I did not order and I did not open package. I receive the Bottomline newsletter, which I enjoy. But if this continues to be a problem, I will have to discontinue this service. Please send label to return this book.

Kathy Aven
    Kaaven@avenfire.com

• Gr
      3rd of Sep, 2018
    Bottom Line Books - You keep sending books that I never ordered.

I have received two of your books that I never ordered, someone must be playing a joke on me, stop sending books I can not afford then, I have trashed the books you sent, do not bill me for them, Mr. Greg Hunsaker 13178 Mendon Rd. Van Wert Ohio 45891.

• Ca
      3rd of Sep, 2018
    Bottom Line Books - account# 20617130
    Medford
    New York

NOV 20, I received a book that I did not order.Stop sending me these books.Its a nice book filled with a lot of information, however I never ordered it., nor did I open the book.I am sending it back.I repeat do not send me anymore books from bottom line or Iwill go one step further.

• Ei
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Bottom Line Books - books being sent automatically
    Cream Ridge
    New Jersey

Please remove me from any further mailings or products. I am returning one I just received which arrived a few days ago. I am no longer interested.

My information is:

John Cannizzo Acct#00020409868
    19 Greenway Trail
    Cream Ridge, NJ 0854

• Ge
      6th of Sep, 2018
    Bottom Line Books - I recieved a book I'm not sure I orderd.
    Cleveland
    Ohio

I buy a lot of books on bottom line. My account # is 00005206065. There was no bill with the book. The ultimate womens guide to beating disease 2018.

Contact me at 216-267-4692. Or denejog@aol.com. Thank you.

• We
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Bottom Line Books - a book
    White Plains
    New York

I keep receiving a bill for $39.92. I made a payment for this amount on 4/6/17. Please check this charge and let me know your findings. I do not remember buying another book for the same amount

. My account no. is 0009590639.

• Az
      27th of Oct, 2018
    Bottom Line - package not ordered
    Kingman
    Arizona

i recently received a box of books that i did not order. how do i return them and why were they even sent? i do not appreciate items being sent that were not ordered. i hope i receive a prompt response.

• Ri
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Bottom Line Books - over billing ' will go to the better bbb and file a complaint on your 'fraud '
    Boone
    Iowa
    bottomlineinc.com

Your ' deliberit chassing us supper seniors is a very bad thing to be doing'

Belive me i'm a retired military man that can find you' and take care of this
    Problem '.

You ' will not be, happy after i' find 'you '

Give us all a phone number to call your co.

• Ke
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Bottom Line Books - unauthorized product sent

Today, February 9, 2017, I received a book " Bottom Line's 2017 Health Breakthroughs" which I did not order. They do not give any information as to how I can return it. I do not subscribe to Bottom Line On Health and do not want this book and I am not paying for it. How can I get information as to how to return it?

Sincerely,
    Kathryn McAndrew

• Ru
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Bottom Line Books - account #20875134
    Boone
    Iowa
    BOTTOMLINEBOOKS.COM

Hello, I do not have an order number because I did not order book title "BL Ultimate Womens Guide 2017". Please do not send me books I did not order. There was no correspondence with this package. I have to return now at my expense plus I need a return address...Most Sincerely, Mrs.Ruth V. Coba...