Bottom Line Books / unauthorized charge!

1 P.O. Box 10292Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-678-5835

I received a package of books today that I did not order from this company. I called the company and was told they would send me a free shipping label to return the books. If they fail to do so, I will contact the State's Attorney.

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2008

I got a statement today. Account#533093050. It sayes that the second payment is due, and I missed the first one???? I have no idea what this for. There was a book came a couple or three weeks ago that I did not order. I marked return to sender .did not order do not want. This according to the invoice is a book on aging??? I'm 29 years old! Why would I want your book? I did not order this book!!! Please Cancel and get your records straight! Charlie Dennison PS Seems as thouhg I'm not the only one.

• Ra
      31st of Mar, 2008

To Whom it may concern:
    I was not aware that i was ordering Dr. Mark Stengler's 12 mo issues. What i thought I was ordering was his health books. I meant to bring this matter to someone's, but there seemed to be no way of doing so. Please stop sending me the heath publications and if you wish, bill me for the issues you've sent me thus far.

phn 517-2301041
    Rafael A Sanchez

• Al
      14th of Apr, 2008

I'm having the same problem. They sent the year book, I didn't order, without return labels, or even saying the cost of the book. I sent it back to the only address I could get. They keep sending me bills. If they would only give a phone number so I could talk to someone, I'm sure this could be resolved. I have the proof of devivery that someone signed for my return.

Alan Wolfer.

• Ba
      17th of Apr, 2008

This is my second e-mail complaint. As stated earlier, I received an empty carton from Bottomline with post office tape on the carton stating " RECEIVED IN DAMAGED CONDITION'.

Also stamped in red ink on the carton "Received w/o contents at 08232 Received in Damaged Condition. I had ordered "Prescription For Natural Cures". The account number is 370175004796548. Today I received a second bill requesting payment for the empty carton. I have been waiting over two weeks for a reply from my first e-mail complaint. Please advise as soon as possible. Awaiting your response. Thank you.

• El
      27th of Jun, 2008

I have also been receiving bills from bottom line books for books I never received. They have sent me a final bill that says that my account is delinquent and that I have 28 days to pay or they will take additional collection procedures. I have written to these people 3 times telling them I never received such books but they still keep harassing me. In my last letter I told them that if they don't stop I will sue their company for harassment. This is really rediculous. Can someone help?

Liz

• Bo
      2nd of Aug, 2008

My mother passed away early 2008, and I am receiving notices also for a book she never received or ordered. They also stated that I have 28 days to pay or it will go to collections. I guess when they call to talk to her, I will give them the address and the phone number of the cemetery where she is buried at. It's the weekend, so I will call on monday and give them a piece of my mind.

Bob Leier

• Ba
      20th of Aug, 2008

I recieved my book order370195410921695 8/19/08 but the box was empty. 001/010-33/901710/901876. $47.94 8500 E Southern Ave #123 Mesa AZ 85209. I will notify the post office phone 480-361-8087

20th of Oct, 2008

i cant seem to cancel with this co. three times i did but with no response still getting their junk in the mail and threating letters about my bill

• Ke
      8th of Nov, 2008

i am receiving books from bottom line tha i did not order and a bill for a newsletter that was supposed to be a gift alsothere seems to be no way of putting a stop to it

• Ti
      20th of Feb, 2009

Thank you for this website! It has helped me avert my aunt from ordering from scam companies such as Bottomline/Help and HCI, browse through the complaints. It looks to be a lot like Bottomline.

24th of Feb, 2009

I received a bill saying I placed an order for a book and agreed to pay $36.92. I did not receive a book from you and at this point I have no idea what book I ordered or if I even ordered a book from you. Therefor Unless I get a book or am told what I ordered from you I am not going to pay you anything. The letter I received from you also said you have not heard from me. I wrote you a letter by hand not too long ago explaining this very situation. Respectfully Jan Rupert

• Re
      9th of Mar, 2009

Thank you for contacting Bottom Line Books. Merchandise can be returned by 4th class mail to; Bottom Line Books, PO Box 508, Clarion IA 50526. Please be sure to include a statement or reference your account number so proper credit can be issued.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. You may also contact our Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-678-5835.
    Sincerely,
    CJL

• Mi
      1st of Nov, 2009

I orderd 2009Health breakthroughs and loved the book. I paid the bill and keep getting billed for it. Please get yor act straight. You can reach me at: Michele Mino; P. O. Box 5363; Johnstown, Pa. 15904 I'm not going to keep on paying for a book 3x . I have my cancel checks to prove it. Michele Mino

• Se
      16th of Nov, 2009

This company's sales techniques are criminal. I canceled my so called subscription after receiving the first book, which I paid for. They sent me the 2009 edition anyway. After calling them, they told me to mark the package as refused return to sender and that they would could cancel my 'subscription'. Several weeks later I received a bill for the book I returned.

That is completely unethical. If they persist I'll probably have to file a criminal complaint. Someone needs to stop these guys.

• Na
      5th of Mar, 2010

I recieved a book, TREASURY OF HEALTH SECRETS NE, on 02/22/10 that I did not order, and have now recieved a bill for the book in the total amount of $47.94, or payments of $31.96. I sent the book back unopened on 02/24/10. So I do not plan to pay for the book, and would like to know why it was sent to me in the first place. Nancy Rose