BooksRun / buyback scam
There is no water damage on the book, but the book was sent in perfect condition. I have photos to prove it as such before it was sent. You can see below the photo they attached, which is not indicative of water damage at all, let alone that it was on my book. The company is scamming people for their books, stay away! The internet is filled with similar reviews, so I wish I had done more homework on the company before submitting a book to them. The issue occurred on 12/21/2018, so it is current.
BooksRun Customer Care's Response, Jan 14, 2019
Dear Customer, in order to receive assistance, you can contact our customer service team directly through our website: https://booksrun.com/contacts. IMPORTANT: please provide your order number; otherwise, we would not be able to assist you.
We are sorry to hear that the photo of the damage attached was not clear. As mentioned previously, we may be able to provide you with more details regarding your order and the condition of the items if you contact us promptly (https://booksrun.com/contacts).
The packages may sometimes be damaged in transit. For this reason, we have compiled a list of recommendations for shipping: https://booksrun.com/page/how-to-pack-your-books.
You can find more information about which books are accepted for buyback in the condition guide: https://booksrun.com/page/buyback-condition-guide
More BooksRun Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] BooksRun.com - unauthorized charge 
- [Resolved] BooksRun - textbook buyback - scam!!! 
- [Resolved] BooksRun - textbook buyback 
- [Resolved] BooksRun.com - I will not use this service again! 
- BooksRun - thieves
- BooksRun - claiming books were incomplete set
- [Resolved] BooksRun - payment
- [Resolved] BooksRun - I haven't received my payment and it's been over 2 weeks since they received the books
- [Resolved] BooksRun - book buyback
- [Resolved] BooksRun - not receiving my book not getting a product refund