Booking.combarca guest house in venice is not a guest house

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm writing to complain about the misleading information which is situated on Booking.com.

Ive booked a room in Venice (# of booking [protected])and was sure I'm going to a hotel because the page of the hotel said it was a Guest House.

I was surprised in a bad way when I arrived to the Calle Burchielle 421 Santa Croce (address given) and didn't find any signs said the hotel was there. Nobody send us the information that we need to arrange the time of arrival with owner. Nobody waited for us there.

We hardly could find a phone and called the owner. He said that he send us a message with a question about time of arrival but we couldn't get it as we were on the trip. I believe that this information must be provided beforehand as most of people don't have internet being on trip.

Even the worst thing happens when we found what the room is...
Cockroaches on the walls, bad smell from a bunch of sheets from previous guests left by owner in the wardrobe on entering the room (I have pictures of a wardrobe full of dirty sheets). The shower was out of order. The apartment in a very poor condition. Elias came to change the sheets at 11(!) pm not telling us thay he was going to come. Terrible experience in such a beautiful city.

I read about the same experience of others on booking. And don't think that the rating given to this place on booking is real.

Your fainthfully,