Bob's Discount Furniture / mattress

1 Manchester, CT, United States Review updated:

In 2002 I purchased a mattress set from Bob’s Discount Furniture. In 2004 that same mattress set was deemed defective and Bob’s came to my home and replaced the mattress. Five years later in January of 2009 the second mattress was deemed defective by a technician and once again Bob’s issued a store credit and allowed me to pick out a new mattress. I visited the store and picked out what I was told was a quality mattress. This past weekend a technician was again dispatched to my home and Wade determined that the mattress placed in my home 6 months ago was also defective with a 2” depression.

In speaking to Bob’s customer service department on Saturday July 18th I was told the options available to me. They included issuing a store credit which would enable me to visit the store to pick out a new mattress set and coordinate a delivery time. I asked for Bob’s to come to my home to remove the mattress set and issue me a full refund; I was denied. The CSR, Marlene indicated that she was authorized to issue refunds only. When asked to speak to her manager, Candice, I was told the same. Marlene indicated that Candice was the top manager of the department and would not authorize a store refund.

Marlene went on further to say that the first mattress replaced in 2004 was not even inspected by technician. I rebutted with the directions I was given in 2004, to take a broom handle, lay across the bed so the depression was in the center of the handle, measure the depth of the depression and send in the results. This was done and the mattress was replaced. Marlene further detailed to me that the warrantee from the first mattress set was carried over the course of the past 7 years and applied to each subsequent replacement.

I did not speak to Candice directly as I was told by Marlene that Candice would not offer anything more nor a refund. Marlene did in act say she felt my frustration and request for a full refund. I simply do not want another Bob’s Discount Furniture mattress set delivered to this house. Within 7 years 3 mattress sets have been deemed defective. At some point, the time being now, this must end. It is now my understanding that I have 2 weeks to take advantage of the store credit offer. Two weeks and counting to resolve this matter with Bob’s.

I am frustrated beyond believe and facing the fact that I will be out of $699 for the mattress and $280 for the box spring. Given the set of circumstances, I feel Bob’s should do the right thing and refund the amount spent on the mattress and box spring. They have not achieved a level of respect as a retailer which provides superior or even great products. The third time was not the charm. Over the past 7 years too much of my time, personal and professional, has been given to Bob’s in trying to reach a mutual satisfactory resolution.

Comments

• Bo
      27th of Jul, 2009

Hi - My name is Kalley and I'm contacting you on behalf of Bob's Discount Furniture. We're sorry you had a disappointing experience, but we're glad we got in touch with you and were able to correct the situation. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we hope you'll give us another shot in the future.

• Ki
      7th of Mar, 2012

About a year and a half ago I purchased the bob o pedic and right away we had problems with it! it was sinking and uncomfortable.The bed i also purchased was crap too! the foot post came off as well as a piece on the headboard. I called customer service and no one would ever get back to me. i went into the store that i purchased my furniture and was told that the manager was not there and that she would call me the next day. no call. i went in again and met the manager. i was then told that someone from corp would call me...no call! so i decided to call bob himself at corp office. I left a message on his voicemail and within 3 hrs i got a return call from his secratary. she was very sweet i must say. she said it was very unlike the bob o pedic to do that so she sent a new one and had the bed fixed. then about 4 months later the bed started to sink again and was indented on one of the corners that the delivery guy said was just from the cold and would go away. now my bf and i weigh around 185 each so there is no reason for this to happen again. i called again and was told i could go pick out a diff mattress i did and this will now be my 3rd time of crappy bob beds! I cant remember the name of the mattress i got this last time but it not only is sinking to the point were the middle of the bed looks like a mountain but it is lumpy all over the bed. i feel like we havent had a good night sleep in a year. i even went out and got a down feather bed to try and help and it didnt it just made it all worse. Im not happy and am waiting for a returned call again. this time i just want my money back and will go some place else!