bob evan restruantdiscribanation of seniors

R Mar 22, 2013 Review updated:

The company is giving military discounts of 10o/o. Why not give seniors a discount. I know they give seniors in ohio discounts, they should give seniors with aarp cards the same discount, it is only fair. Yours, raymond onion

Comments

• F
      Mar 22, 2013

All seniors should be given discounts, not just ones with AARP cards. Most people can tell if a person is a senior citizen. Many years ago, I worked in a fast food place, and the policy was if somebody asked for the senior discount, we could give it. We weren't supposed to ask if they were a senior, which I thought was a really stupid policy because all they got was a free coffee or child size soda. Anyway whenever I waited on somebody, I would say, something like "you look like you are about my age so I will give you the free coffee or child size soda, and I never got in trouble for that. I just didn't figure it was going to bankrupt the business.

• F
      Mar 22, 2013

I know what I am about to say will anger a few people, but the way I look at is the modern military know what they are getting into when they enlist. I would understand the discounts so many people are giving the military now, if the military people were being drafted, like they should be, instead of being all volunteer. As for the person that posted the complaint you don't know that they didn't serve in the military when they were young. Furthermore mkstitich, a lot of people in their senior years, didn't have the kind of jobs that paid enough to save. The same applies to a lot of workers now. Until you have walked a mile in their shoes, don't judge them. The way I look at it is, just as an example in round numbers, if a person orders a $4.00 meal, and they get a 10% discount, that is forty cents off the tab. It wouldn't bankrupt Bob Evans, and another way to look at is that same discount wouldn't benefit the recipient that much either. For senior citizens, it is something that makes them feel good, or maybe even better about themselves. It is kind of like an award. Just like you think it is for the military.

• R
      Jun 26, 2016

we eat at bob evans now and then, when you pay $15.something for 2 cups of bisquets and gravey, thats too much and we are inforing our ralitives we don, t want gift cards for bob evans any more..

• R
      Jun 26, 2016

we never get military or senyour discount at bob evans, or aarp eather where at dennys we get discount price too high for a cup of biscuits and gravy.