Bluegreen Resorts / rude, liars, rip offs

1 333 Forrest DriveNewport, AR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 870-217-0919

Spring of 2007 a telemarketer began calling offering us a special deal at Blue Green Resorts. After about the 10th call of my wife and I tossing it back and forth with talk to my husband to talk to my wife, I finally talked to the telemarketer. She made a great offer for $250.00 we would have 3 days /2 nights all inclusive vacation including shows and meals at one of Blue Green Resorts premier resorts.
This was too good to be true, and the first and last question I asked was if this was a time share promotional offer and she responded several times that it was not. It was simply a vacation package being offered by Blue Green Resorts, at a location of our choice at any of their resorts which included Hilton Head North Carolina. It was all inclusive with the exception of travel. We had a year to use the vacation.
In 1999 we purchased such a package to Branson Mo, and had a great time .. NO TIME SHARE
When we finally ( three months later) received our vacation package from Blue Green Resorts it was a time share.
We were out $250.00 so we decided to keep the package and take a trip to the Blue Green Resort at Hilton Head.
Last week we decided we had some free time and would use our package. First thing we were told was that we had purchased a Branson Vacation and that was where we would have to go.
We said okay to Branson and were given three days and two night at the Raddison in Branson. ( I have copies of the reservations documents sent to us by Blue Green)
When we arrived we were told that we could not stay at the Raddison. We were told that the Raddison had no rooms available, my wife countered this with she had checked on the reservations before we left home earlier that day and they confirmed that we had reservations, then the VERY RUDE, young man told us that the Raddison was a piece of [censored], and the Travel Lodge was a much nicer hotel, no amount of arguing would get them to allow us to keep the Raddison Reservation.
We checked into the Travel Lodge, which possibly had been closed up for the winter and just reopened. It smelled very musty, ( we both were suffering from Allergies) There were spiders and spider webs. It was not up to the standard of the Raddison. It actually was not up to the standard of most Branson Lodgings.
We took the 90 minute tour which lasted 2and 1/2 hours, and was treated very rude when we told them we were not interested in buying a time share, We were even told how much we would regret not buying if one of us died and we didn't have vacation memories to sustain us.
We finally got out of there and returned to the REWARDS CENTER for our show tickets and meal vouchers.
The tickets was two tickets off THEIR LIST ..Which was Elvis Impersonations etc, or shows that were not even open yet.
The meal was for a barbecue meal at a bar that looked like a biker bar, the building looked as if it was about to fall down.
My wife finally asked just what our $250.00 was suppose to be for. We were told we had never paid anything. I have the Credit Card reciept where the money was taken from out Visa account.
We are not happy, and I plan to use the internet to warn people to stay away from Blue Green Resorts.

Comments

• Cl
      22nd of Apr, 2008

A handful of pissed off people and 180, 000 happy customers...
    See a trend here? Whiners!

3rd of Jun, 2008

If the $250.00 charge was not valid, why didnt you dispute the charge with your credit card company? Blue Green offers quality gifts for your time of the sales presentations, and does give you whatever they promise. If you were given Elvis tickets and a BBQ dinner, its because thats what you agreed to accept BEFORE going to the presentation. People need to learn how to just say no, and get up to leave after 90 minutes. Why would you stay 2 and a half hours if you were not interested? Think about it. I bet you ate that BBQ dinner didnt you?

15th of Jul, 2009

Blue Green is the biggest joke! Any one who researches these scammers all hear the same thing. Go on ebay an you can buy 10, 000 worthless Blue/Green points for $100! Good luck using them, there will never be any openings.

Save your money and take the vacations that you want to take! Why would you pay these loser idiots $15, 000 or $30, 000 to take 1 week per year?

30k! and you can have some great vacations without all the B.S.

Avoid Blue Green at all cost!