Bluegreen Corporation / rip off

Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
4.65

I bought 8000 Bluegreen Vacation club points at Big Cedar Wilderness Club two years ago in Ridgedale, MO. Whenever I call to schedule a vacation at Big Cedar they don't have any available accommodations at the time when I call. Regardless of when I call, whether it be six months from the time I want to schedule the vacation or six weeks, they don't have rooms available at Big Cedar Wilderness Club. Because, we can't afford to travel to any other of the Bluegreen vacation sites, we can only afford to use and try to schedule our vacations at Big Cedar in MO. Despite calling six different times in 2008 to schedule a vacation, we could not get available rooms/cabins. I have paid the mortgage in full and now face having to pay the yearly club and maintenance fees (which were increased this year) despite the fact that we cannot use the vacation points...I've learned my lesson about ripoffs..Buyer Beware!
Il

Comments

An
  19th of Jan, 2009
I've heard from many people like you who are experiencing the same problem. I believe that Bluegreen is taking available inventory that should be set aside for owners like you and aere putting it up for rent to make some money. The company is struggling and will do whatever they can to stay afloat.

The same thing happened to RCI and the members filed a lawsuit against them which RCI settled.
Al
  29th of Jan, 2009
I have tried to sell my blue green points with out any luck for a year. It seems that pinnacle is just a holding co. to keep us paying dues and maintenance fees. The points I bought were tradein that they resold to me but would not resell for me. they promised to help me rent my points but sent me to pinnacle instead.
Ju
  22nd of Apr, 2009
I bought into this and was scamed also, I paid over 1300 dollars before I found out that there is no place to stay in any bluegreen location at any time, I tried and could not find anything...I ask if they had any opening and gave several dates and several location and all were booked...now I have 9000 points no vacation and they have my money...what can be done about this!!!
  9th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Seriously folks, it's not rocket science! It just takes a little legwork and planning to get what you want. Granted, I'm less than a year into my purchase, but here's what I've booked already on 5, 000 (10, 000 biennial points): no problem booking 5 nights in June 2009 at Shenandoah, 6 nights in April 2010 at Pono Kai, 2 bonus nights in Hershey April 2009, 2 bonus nights in Atlantic City May 2009, and a RCI hot deal week in the Poconos Feb 2009. And it all cost much less than if we paid for hotel rooms for all that! I bet you spent more time complaining than you did trying to figure out how to make the ownership work to your advantage!
  30th of Mar, 2010
HappyBGOwner = Bluegreen Sales Agent.

Why would a "Happy Owner" be surfing a Complaints site...he/she wouldn't. It's another ### sales agent out to discredit legitimate posters like Judy and Allen

Check out the BBB rating...Yeah, that's right "F". It's a big fat "F". Well deserved.

Bluegreen Sales people are ### and human trash.
  2nd of Apr, 2010
Nope, definitely not a sales person, just an informed buyer;) When we first purchased, I second guessed our decision and googled Bluegreen complaints and found this board. I panicked a little, but I also found a timeshare forum where BG owners talk happy thoughts and share pointers- try TS4MS. Apparently I set something though because now each time one of you sorry complainers posts to this thread I get an e-mail.
So believe what you want, but as for me and my house...we're leaving for Hawaii (Pono Kai) in a week and a half, then waiting for Daytona (Fantasy Island) in September, all on our measly 4K annual BG points. Actually Daytona is on bonus blue/white points hence the rainy season travel. But at an update meeting, I found out you can use those points on last minute travel at non-BG reorts, so we might change it. But you just sit tight in your living room complaining and searching the internet, while we're out seeing the country:)
And BTW, if we ever buy more points, I definitely would NOT go through a BG sales person, I would buy resale. It's so much cheaper, and we already have all the "perks" from our initial purchase that the sales people tell you you'll mis out on.
  2nd of Apr, 2010
By the way shu...the BBB rating is confusing, because on this one they actually are BBB acredited with an A+ rating:
  6th of Apr, 2010
Hey...StupidBGOwner..Actually, that should be Septic Dweller.

That A+ rating is from Dallas Texas. Bluegreens BBB rating in Boca Raton - WHERE THIER CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS IS...Is an F. It's only a matter of time before ALL of their BBB ratings are F. Trust me, I'm working on it.

Proof positive that you are lying ...THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU STAYING MORE THAN ONE NIGHT IN DAYTONA ON 4000 POINTS. What a ###. Anyone looking at the book knows your full it. ###.

How can you sleep at night knowing you work for the most unethical, immoral company in business today. That is just like a Bluegreen minion to run off at the mouth about "go thought RCI", "Rent out your points if you can't get what you want", "you should have read the contract..blah, blah, blah". You people are complete ###. Seriously, the lowest form of life there is. Bluegreen is like the bottom quarter of the septic tank where all the fecal sludge resides. Yep, Bluegreen fecal sludge.
  19th of May, 2010
Well...I discovered the deal with these Bluegreen cheerleaders.
Ever wondered why someone would come to a consumer complaints site and cheer on the bad guys, the rip off artists, scamsters, crooks and thieves (Bluegreen). I just didn't get it...until I did some research. These guys are paid "REPUTATION DEFENDERS". Companies pay these dirt bags to scour the internet and DEFEND thier practices.
Proof: Google the following words "reputation defense".

[censor] working for [censor].
  30th of Aug, 2010
My wife and i have been owners since 1998 we bought our first 6000 points at big Cedar Wilderness club. We now own 15, 000 points. After reading all the comments the only thing i can agree with is yes the dues and, Maint. fees have incresed. But they increased for very good reason they keep all there clubs/resorts in top shape. As far big Cedar wilderness goes yes it's hard to book during the summer but rest of year always can get in. Do little planning book at Branson Falls lodge for summer and drive 10 miles and enjoy big cedar. And for the comments about all places are booked my comment to that id=s your full of it. Get on line right now you will find several places with openings.
De
  7th of Feb, 2011
Figure it out people. Follow the rules and you can indeed have a great vacation experience. Right today you could book a room at the Vegas property or the Orlando property or even a couple in Florida. You have to plan ahead and not just pick up the phone and demand a room anywhere you want it, anytime you want it. It's a bit of a pain, but if you understand the booking process, you surely can go anywhere you have points for. We are silver members and love the fact that we have unlimited bonus time.
Un
  15th of Jul, 2011
well i would have to agree with the unhappy owners of bluegreen resorts because i am one of them i spent 4 days on the phone trying to use my points. with no success. So i decided just to prove a point to my spouse that we just got taken. I decided to let the representive tell me where there was an opening. none nowhere???? come on so i decided i would do this for the next 6 months never could get in anywhere. So even though i don't know a human being that will know what are where their lives will take them i told the rep to schedule me two years from the date i called and guess what nothing available. sounds like we were scammed to me!!!
Lo
  17th of Sep, 2011
well unhappy owner you are such a stranger to the truth, check on line and you will find plenty of openings.

As for your rant about making ressie 2 yrs in advance that pal is just a lie... reservations can only be made 11 months out and you know that
Un
  22nd of Dec, 2015
The resorts are nice for the most part, but the value is simply not their. I wish I shopped around before being pressured in a sale. Thankfully I have been able to rent out some points to at least cover maintenance fees. Plus, I've salvaged my vacation experience with tripdeals.info which is the kind of membership I wanted in the first place.

Bluegreen Vacations Logo Bluegreen Vacations