Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan / if i were rich, i STILL couldn't get the coverage i have now!

1 24288 Pingree AveWarren, MI, United States
Phone: 586-872-9872

I currently have health insurance coverage with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan through the COBRA law. It expires January 1st of 2009... I have less than 2 months to find new health care. I contacted BCBSM and was told that, even if I could pay $1, 000, 000.00 per month out-of-pocket, I could not get the same plan that I have now. (Of course... if I had that kind of cash, I wouldn't need health insurance!!! I'd BUY my own doctor!!!) They instead offered me a crappy plan that had a $2, 500.00 deductible, covered 30% of only 2 allowed office visits, only 50% of prescription costs, and only a small fraction of hospitalization... annually. Did I mention I am a type 1 brittle diabetic, newly diagnosed with heart disease (via. 3 heart attacks this past March) with a bucket full of other health problems on top of it? I wish I was as healthy as the people BCBSM would LIKE to cover... How is it that the people who need health care to live, the ones who must buy it, are the ones who don't get the coverage they ABSOLUTELY need????? Oh, silly me, it's all about money... as usual. Does anyone know what I can do to insure I am alive for at least the next 5 years? HELP!?!?!?!?

Li