Bloomex / Flowers not delivered

1 1680 Richmond StLondon, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

We ordered flowers on Fri May 9, 08 to be delivered on May 10, 08. We added a special delivery note that should the recipient not be home, then they could leave the flowers at the back door.
Saturday came and went, no flowers. On Mother's Day, we received an email that states that no one was home so the recipient was called and they asked to have the flowers delivered on Tuesday. We called the company and asked why the flowers weren't left as per the instructions. No answer. Delivery was placed under investigation and some one would contact me on Monday. No one called. I phoned back and said that Mother's Day was over and that there was no point to delivering the flowers, I wanted the credit card charge reversed. I was told the order is under investigation. Tuesday arrives, still no flowers and they hang up on me when I call. Email sent at 4:00 saying that a the full amount will still be charged to my credit card.
These people are scam artists. I contacted my credit card company and they are disputing their charge. This company should be shut down.

Comments

• Mi
      24th of Sep, 2008

I totally agree. I had the same bad and frustrating experience with Bloomex. They play with people's feelings and steal their money. I ordered a nice bouquet for my son's care taker on Sept 23, on Sept 24 by 7 PM the delivery had not been made yet, besides the fact that they charged me more than the regular price displayed on the website for that arrangement. I tried in vain to contact them over the phone (had an answering machine, left messages but no one called back), then I ended up chatting for almost 2 hrs with a customer representative who apparently had no decision making power and no power whatsoever, not even to check with the delivery company to see what happened, she was only taking the complaints on-line and apparently forwarding them to the "upper management who is working hard to solve the issue" (she kind of admitted that the delivery was "delayed" so I have at least a proof for that...). And I know for sure that the recepient was at home 12 - 5 PM, due to her job (she has a family daycare), therefore they can't give the excuse that nobody was there, in case they would dare to say they delivered.
    After reading the comments on the internet I understood that I was one of the many cheated customers so I only hope they won't make the delivery at all, I don't want to make ashame of myself in front of the nice lady who is looking after my son, in case they will send some faded ugly arrangement.
    This company is a shame and a scam, it should be shut down, why doesn't anybody do anything? There is Office pour la protection du consommateur...I was thinking to contact them, can they do something?
    Thank you.

• Da
      17th of Sep, 2011

I ordered flowers from Bloomex on Jan.6, to be delivered to a funeral home on Jan. 7. They were never delivered, but they were quick to take the money from my Visa. They mixed up my order number, now claiming that they can't find any evidence that I ordered anything. I have tried to call and left several messages with no callback. I have sent at least 7 emails, with no response back. I can't seem to get a hold of anyone that has any position other than taking orders. I have spoken to Live Chat but I keep getting referred back to Customer Service. I have copies of all emails and my order.