Blockbuster.com / fraud and scam!

1 Ephrata, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 717-738-6024

Received charges on my debit card that I did not authorize. Someone started a monthly subscription, through an online web banner promotion they said. Its been over a month, still waiting to see the charges reversed. Filed a fraud report with the police and the bank.

Pa

Comments

• Ho
      8th of Aug, 2008

I just recently had the exact same problem as mentioned above. 2 accounts opened and charged to my account. Blockbuster was all too willing to allow 2 identical accounts to be opened in my name (why on earth I would want 1 account, let alone 2 accounts is beyond me). When asked to verify the shipping address of the online rentals, I was told that I was not allowed to have that information. I mean, it is my account, why would they be able to provide me with my information?

Long story short -- they will not refund the money and are forcing my credit card company to the file the fraud investigation and eat the fraudulent charges. Sounds like they are in such financial trouble that they are refusing to negate revenue no matter where it is coming from. Pathetic!

This actually reminds me of the MCI slamming from many years ago where they would solicit you to change carriers, you would say no, they would change your carrier to them anyway.

Blockbuster will never ever see any of my business ( in store or online ).

• Ce
      24th of Feb, 2009

We're in the same boat for $20 a month for the past six months (finally conferred with my husband that those were not anything he legitimately set up). Same thing happened to us by Real Networks, but they refunded most of those erroneous charges after asking for a manager. No such luck from Blockbuster so now will take the credit card company route too.