Blockbuster / unfair to the paying consumer and protect common thieves

I have been a customer of Blockbuster.Com for 2 years now.
I actually have the max account of 8 out at a time for $39.99 a month.

In December of 2005 someone jacked my card (the same I use at Blockbuster.com) and opened a new account at Blockbuster.com. So I was being charged $39.99 and 19.99 a month. They also opened an AOL account with the same card in Feb. Unfortunately I didn't notice these charges until late April. I called my bank and closed the card. I called AOL and even though they were a bit of a pain, they did refund me all the charges which was 3 months total. My bank says due to state laws, they can only refund me the first 90 days. Which means that they could give me back Dec, Jan and Feb charges from blockbuster. That meant that Blockbuster should be responsible for March and April which was a total of $38 bucks. So I called blockbuster.com and they said there is no refunds for fraud. WHAT? They open a second account with my credit card without my approval and start mailing movies to who knows where (and of course they won't tell me because they have to protect the rights of the people that stole my card) and they won't give me back the $38. AOL even sent me back my money. But Blockbuster.com won't do anything. They protect the criminal and penalize the honest person. I don't get it? So now I will be forced to close my account with them to prove a point. And the thing was, I was totally happy with them. Now I have to spread the word of how they are unfair to the paying consumer and protect common thieves.

Thanks blockbuster.

Ma

Comments

• Pa
      18th of Jul, 2008

Blockbuster chargedme $109.00 and i have been on the phone for days trying to get them to take it off! I have no clue why they put the charge on my Visa and neither do they, but they won't take it off. I must have used the visa there to rent movies months ago, but have not used that visa for over four months, and always return my movies on time, and I haven't used my visa in months. I finally disputed the charge with my bank, because i have wasted hours on the phone with the manager while she trys to look up the reason, but can't find one, but still will not take off the charge. I would have to have a lot of overdue movies for that kind of money and have never biught any movies from them. They are a terrible, unorganized place and I will never rent with them again!

• Wo
      4th of Nov, 2008

it is not blockbuster's fault for identity theft

• Ft
      27th of Aug, 2010

maybe next time keep your wallet close and if someone jacks your card report it right away.