Blockbuster / unfair to the paying consumer and protect common thieves
I have been a customer of Blockbuster.Com for 2 years now.
I actually have the max account of 8 out at a time for $39.99 a month.
In December of 2005 someone jacked my card (the same I use at Blockbuster.com) and opened a new account at Blockbuster.com. So I was being charged $39.99 and 19.99 a month. They also opened an AOL account with the same card in Feb. Unfortunately I didn't notice these charges until late April. I called my bank and closed the card. I called AOL and even though they were a bit of a pain, they did refund me all the charges which was 3 months total. My bank says due to state laws, they can only refund me the first 90 days. Which means that they could give me back Dec, Jan and Feb charges from blockbuster. That meant that Blockbuster should be responsible for March and April which was a total of $38 bucks. So I called blockbuster.com and they said there is no refunds for fraud. WHAT? They open a second account with my credit card without my approval and start mailing movies to who knows where (and of course they won't tell me because they have to protect the rights of the people that stole my card) and they won't give me back the $38. AOL even sent me back my money. But Blockbuster.com won't do anything. They protect the criminal and penalize the honest person. I don't get it? So now I will be forced to close my account with them to prove a point. And the thing was, I was totally happy with them. Now I have to spread the word of how they are unfair to the paying consumer and protect common thieves.
More Blockbuster Complaints & Reviews
- Blockbuster.com - charges on my credit card! 
- Blockbuster Online - terrible customer treatment! 
- Blockbuster - terrible scam! 
- Blockbuster - collections & restocking fee! 
- Blockbuster - illegal hold charges on credit card 
- Blockbusters - penalties
- Blockbuster - dvd mail service - tv series 
- Blockbuster - unauthorized charge on my credit card
- Blockbuster - blockbuster always out of stock and rude! 
- Blockbuster Inc. - lana needs training in providing good customer service